Lemon Leafs.. Cut them or leave them?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Ender87i, Jun 11, 2010.

1. Ah yes, lemon leaf.. that stage in every mj plants' life, shortly after you kick them
    into the bloom phase, when tons of leafs start to turn yellow.. But what to do with them?
    Some people say to leave them, but other people say to remove them..

So my question is - Should i leave them? or remove them?
    And if i remove them, should i cut them, or snap it at the base?

Do they serve a purpose? and if so, what is it? and should i leave them on the plant?

Thanks!

2. personally i'd snip em, or gently pull em off. pulling them (if they aren't ready to go) could tear your plant. cutting is less stressful for it. by the time they are real yellow they are still getting energy sent to it (from the roots) but it's energy production (photosyn) isn't the same as it was when it was lush and green. in essence, it's taking energy but not giving back as much as the rest. leaves are the plants solar panels, if they don't have them they can't grow. but at the same time having necrotic leaves is also sucking energy away from parts of the plant that could utilize it better. the choice is yours. some cut em, some leave em til they fall off themselves.

3. I don't cut any leaves or advise doing so. When the leaves become useless to the plant they will be willing to fall off on their own. Just pull the leaves off. If they are ready to come off then there will be no resistance when pulling them. If the leaf feels like it is still attached then leave it for a while. Plant's wont hold on to parts that serve no purpose. If you cut a leaf off then the plant will let the step to that leaf fall off. If the plant sucks the leaf dry then the plant will let go of it. Just as trees turn in the fall as they drain all the energy from the leaves to store for winter. You plant will drain the energy from leaves to produce seeds for the winter.

4. dont snip the lower ones that yellow off....wait till they are ready to fall off and when you touch em they will come right off. let the plant do it naturally so it can use up all the stuff in the leaf before it drops it.

5. I agree, go around your plant simply touching the stem that connects the leaf at the base. If the plant is done with it, it will come right off, if not, leave it a few days and it will. Usually the yellowing leaves will be about 30-50% withered and brown, before they come right off like this.