Legit Setup??

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by SmokeitUPg, Aug 6, 2009.

1. hi this would be my first grow box and am wondering if i have all the right materials to make my plant a success...i have a 22in by 13in by 95in space in my closet with only two pots which will contain a mix of bat guano, dolomite lime and fertilizer. am putting a 4in inline fan at the top of one wall, then i have three 15watt/6500k compact fluorescent lights during the vegetation stage and 4 30watt/2700k for flowering. there will be a 3 in intake hole parallel to the inline fan...other than that i dont see what am missin, just need help on decisions with the lights and what not, or if anyone has any adivce much appreciated. thanks

2. Another comment that may be noteworhty.. I've heard that your intake should be twice the size of your exhaust. This could be two holes or however many you want really as long as the area = twice as much. The fan will still create negative pressure in the box this way(in case you plan on using a filter) and you will be getting more fresh/cooler air. If you do plan on using an air filter, it's been my experience that small fans without a lot of torque struggle to move air. I ordered the cheapest (new) inline blower i could find on the net from HTG supply for 75$. It looks like it has plenty of torque for my needs though. I will check back on your grow often now that I'm subscribed and let you know if my 4" inline blower is powerfull enough for my scrubber and about 4 feet of ducting.

Also if you ever plan on using an hps, cool tubes seem like a good way to go. Maybe a 70w or 150w for your space. I actually had good results from a 70w i started with. Waiting on my 400w to get here now.

3. yeah i still havent bought the bulbs because i was still iffy on what i should buy, thanks for the ideas on them though, i just might get the cool tubes. and jeremy, odor is an issue for me so am definatly putting a carbon filter(i've never used one, do they take out the smell 100%?) and am gunna put two 4in intake holes on the bottom then and one 4in exhaust fan above those...but slaw am buying my inline fan online at homedepot website for like 14 bucks( Inductor 4 In. In-line Duct Fan - DB204 at The Home Depot )
    you think thats good enough for my space, or should i go with the 6in...

4. #4 SmokeitUPg, Aug 6, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2009
    ya the inline fan i showed u has 80 cfm..and am going to have a computer fan blowing alittle air on the plant while i'll also have two in take holes which i think would give my box a decent air flow. i also found this website on how to make a good carbon filter for around 30$, seems pretty helpful for any users who wann use it

5. yeah i already tested it out and no light comes in, thanks for the help jeremy