Legit RooR? Puffin Glass Seattle, WA (pics)

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by WA-grower, Jan 30, 2010.

1. why do the 2 18" Roor straight tubes on the right have different bases? Also the tops are different. maybe post in the Roor real or fake thread?

2. I'm pretty sure that it's legit. Puffin Glass is a legit shop, I bought a MGW perc beaker there last Monday

3. I also bought an MGW perc there, 220$ at their spokane shop, it lasted a month before the top of the 'octopus head' part of the perc broke from its base. I have been a longtime puffin customer, but these just looked kinda iffy to me and just like anyone else, if im looking to drop a good 400$ I dont want to get some boolsheet

4. There must be something wrong with MGW's percs, because 4 of my arms broke on Saturday. I'm pretty sure puffin is a certified dealer, but I understand why you want to be sure

5. those look pretty legit

6. Well I'm sure they didn't just fall off. What did you do?

7. On mine, I really think there might have been a defect in the peice. I did nothing to it, I had a little stand type thing I set it in so that it wouldnt move when its sitting on the shelf, came home and noticed the perc was broken off but sitting there still. Over the past couple of months of it just sitting there not getting used (its just not the same) I pulled it out and looked at it and its got a crack in one of the ice notches, and the joint is cracked all the way across the top. Sucks but this time im trying to go for the higher quality stuff, hopefully to avoid that!

8. Yeah.. good choice... because it sounds like you had a poorly annealed Chinese import piece.

9. Mine broke in a middle of a rip

10. Sounds like a case of Cheap China Syndrome.

Reread.... wait it was an MGW? And it broke while ripping? Really? That seems rather unlikely. Got pics? Could have been cracked already from trauma.

11. Hmmmmm, I think I need to run down to Puffin Glass today...

12. lol nuts

13. It sure was a Manifest. I was clearing it, then all of a sudden i heard some jingling and the perc stopped bubbling. I thoroughly inspected it at Puffin. There weren't any cracks or abnormalities when i bought it.

Attached Files:

• 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      121.9 KB
      Views:
    • photo.jpg
      photo.jpg
      File size:
      118.1 KB
      Views:
  14. Can you get some pics of the tops of the broken pieces. Like to see the bore. Also pics of the holes where the trees snapped off the perc.

At this point, I'm already shocked.... but having no firsthand experience I don't know whether to write it off as a fluke, poorly annealed glass, shitty welds, etc.

It'll help to see more pics. Why not start your own thread in toking tools?

15. Will do. It'll be up tonight. Needless to say, i was pretty shocked myself since Manifest is supposed to be good glass

16. Does MGW = manifest? Your breaks are very similar to mine. I will get some shots of mine up tonight, I tried with a cellphone cam and it didnt come out very clear. Because the glass is all broke i wasnt able to clean it so its kinda dirty too.

On mine, there is the middle post that connects to a 'crown' type peice that splits into the arms. Mine snapped at the top of that middle peice, and then because that part broke, the other arms broke off after some handling and moving around over the past few months.

17. MGW = Manifest Glassworks. Im really disappointed to hear that more of these percs are breaking