Legit driver download sites?

Discussion in 'Silicon (v)Alley' started by lauraisfrknawsm, Jun 2, 2010.

1. I got a webcam from a friend and I can't get the stupid thing to work, and I googled for 2 hours and it got me no where!

I'm pretty sure I have this problem bc I have stupid vista... but if anyone can help it would be much appreciated :)

I have the Gigaware 1.3 Megapixel Micro Webcam
    Model: 25-496

even with this info I can't find any good sites.

I also tried looking for the software download. The Radio Shack site is bogus.

2. Do you have the cd? If so, don't let it autorun. The go to start>my computer> right click on the disk drive > properties > make sure "run as admin" and "run as win XP compatible" (or similar) are checked, then install.
    If not, I am sure. I checked Gigaware's site... it's awful. Half the links didn't work.
    NOTE: found a link at radioshack for the drivers. The page is located at Gigaware VGA PC Camera : Web Cameras | RadioShack.com

Now, if you scroll down, you'll see three tabs. The third says "Product support". Click on it. It will have a list of stuff. The last thing on that list, added March 16 2007, is the vista driver. Click on it, save it, and run it.
    Hope that helps.

3. Yeah I said the Radio Shack site is bogus, they don't work, thanks though.
    And no I don't have the cd, that's why I'm trying to download the same software online