Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Legislation to Legalize! HR 2306

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by alexthejordan, Jul 3, 2011.

1. Quoted from NORML "H.R. 2306, entitled the 'Ending Federal Marijuana Prohibition Act of 2011,' prohibits the federal government from prosecuting adults who use or possess marijuana by removing the plant, and its primary psychoactive constituent, THC, from the five schedules of the federal Controlled Substances Act of 1970.

Under present law, all varieties of the marijuana plant are defined as illicit Schedule I controlled substances, defined as possessing 'a high potential for abuse,' and 'no currently accepted medical use in treatment.'

The 'Ending Federal Marijuana Prohibition Act' seeks to federally deregulate the personal possession and use of marijuana by adults. It marks the first time that members of Congress have introduced legislation to eliminate the federal criminalization of marijuana since the passage of the Marihuana Tax Act of 1937."

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7OvVsnR313w&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - ‪Congressman Cohen on Drug Policy‬‏[/ame]

People, its time for this ridiculous prohibition to end. Follow the link to learn more, and to email your congressman/woman.

This is big, and your support is needed.

For more info: End Marijuana Prohibition - NORML

To send an email to congress: Contact Officials - NORML

2. This is cOLD, but still thanks for posting.

3. yeah, i figure the more posts about it, the more of a chance that someone will see.

4. 2 weeks ago this forum was flooded around this stuff. It died down.

5. I just really, REALLY hope ignorance doesn't win....AGAIN...

6. so... Deyr gnna decriminalze in us?

7. Washington, DC Office
    2409 Rayburn House Office Building
    Washington, DC 20515
    ph: 202-225-4236
    fax: 202-225-8628
    8:30 am- 6:00 pm EST

Congressman Lamar Smith

8. Possibly. Def. not now, but soon.

9. Support this as much as you can. All change must start somewhere and if this is being looked at, it has every chance to succeed. Write your congressmen, do anything you can.

10. Form letter I got back when I expressed interest in MY CONGRESSMANS VOTE.

Thank you for sharing your support for legislation that decriminalizes marijuana for adults. Drug abuse and addiction are issues that concern me greatly. I appreciate the opportunity to respond.

The American Medical Association and the National Institute on Drug Abuse, among others, have documented the negative impacts of marijuana use on the human body. The use of illegal drugs affects the quality of life for all Americans. Drug abuse, trafficking and the resulting violence negatively affects our communities and places undue burdens on the legal and healthcare systems. It is our responsibility to provide adequate resources for education about the harmful effects of drug use and resources for the treatment of addiction. If we strive to eliminate the problems resulting from drug use, we can provide a safe and promising future for our children.

Please do not hesitate to call my office at (202) 225-3465 with any additional comments or concerns on this or any other issue before Congress. I encourage you to sign up to receive the Fourth District E-Mail Newsletter by visiting: http://geoffdavis.house.gov/EmailSignup.aspx.

Sincerely,

Geoff Davis
    Member of Congress

11. #11 BloodLust, Jul 4, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    So he pretty much said, weed is bad for you, fuck off.

12. Email him back and say it's not?

13. Looks to me more like an automated response.

stereotypical, one sided, to the point, and a touch of emotion (for our children). Fuck that bullshit.

14. that guy needs to watch the union.

15. #15 Mogwai, Jul 4, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 4, 2011
    Exactly. I wish people would realize this >.>

Sending an automated response is easy as fuck so it seems worth doing.. But it's even easier to delete them without reading them too.. You need to actually apply your efforts in your local community if you're going to get heard. Automated letters take no effort and if you're not putting effort in you're not really doing anything

16. #16 Jayjangle, Jul 4, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 4, 2011
    I won't get my hopes up until this stuff is in the mainstream and there is enough evidence to prove that legalization could well be in the works.

But, I would be totally fine with an age limit being placed on buying marijuana, laws against smoking in public, control on driving high, etc., if I simply had the right to smoke my weed at home without the fear of cops busting my door open. A lot of marijuana users (mostly kids) would probably still bitch and whine about these controls, but hey, it would be far better than nothing.

EDIT: About the congressman...

I would think making non-addictive substances illegal would prevent the maturing and growth of children because they would feel more of the need to deviate, and it basically eliminates the process of them making choices about self-control and responsible use. Sure, being arrested is punishment, but I doubt most users actually learn anything from it. After all, they use illegal substances knowing they are illegal.

17. I'd want regulations. If it's not then people are going to quickly blame it for problems it shouldn't be blamed for.. Kind of like now >.>. Regulation I think would lead to better education overall on the stuff, and would make people more responsible with it

18. Exactly. I think people should be given the right to make choices with anything, and experience the consequences set by regulations when bad decisions are made. It's no different with non-substances. For example, if you have $50 in your bank account and you withdraw $70, you will owe $20 and you will suffer an overdraft fee.

19. ive seen this popping up alot and when will it be voted for?