Legends

Discussion in 'General' started by CAPSLOCK BANDIT, Mar 9, 2011.

1. Do you have any like "Local Legends" around your area? We have a bunch around here but i only have time to post one.

On a road called "Muskeg Road", which is about 3 hours from here, many MANY people have claimed seeing something similar to the sasquatch. People around here call it the 'Muskeg Yeti'.

Tell me a local legend. :wave:

2. i live in Kennesaw Ga, somewhere around here i forgot the name of it but its a hill. it gets really popular and talked about around Halloween n stuff. the rumor is if you park your car at the bottom of the hill in the middle of the night and turn your shit all the way off lights and everything. your car will start rolling up the hill. you get out and will see hand-prints on the back of your car. people put powder on their shit too see the prints.

If someone else knows what im talking about better than plz retell it i might have left something out, just something local that i remember.

no idea the story behind this i have never tried it, too many people say its true so i don't fuck with that shit lol

3. we have "sasquatch" stories all the fuck over here. The lady of the lake too, though that was real. some crazy stories of dudes getting buried under stumps back in the day...

our little town was kinda rough back then

4. gold camp road here in colorado..

supposedly a school bus of kids got trapped in a tunnel when it collapsed and when you go up with all your lights off you will have little footprints on you car.

5. I dont know any in my area :(

I do know one in my old college town. Theres a road where you can hear drums in the distance. I think they said it was where indians lived and the KKK burned crosses there...idk

Still we went down there and heard drums

6. Where I live, about 20km out there is this road and if you follow it it leads to this massive tree where they used to hang people. It's haunted too. The rope is still there but someone cut it so there is just a random rope hanging off this thick branch.

I went up there a week ago with a couple of friends. Just something to do I guess. We were just chilling and we all had the same feeling, that we weren't the only ones there.

7. We have the "gravity hill" thing around here too, and there's this bridge called "Cry Baby Bridge" (obviously both are fake.)

8. i have multiple friends who have put the powder on their car and had like 10 sets of handprints on the back afterwards. kinda creepy

9. how about this [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yc7ePrM303M]YouTube - Alien Crossing Road in U.K[/ame]

but no, none in my area

10. We have a cemetery about 20 minutes from where im sitting right now, called veil's end. Supposedly theirs a few things that go on there.

The Blue Lady - apparently a certain gravestone houses the ghost of a woman, who appears as a blue figure.

Three Kids - three children can be heard playing around the cemetery, and if you sensitive enough, you will hear them asking you to play with them.

The Demon - this is the coolest one to me, in the front right corner of the cemetery there is an old shed. The ground kind of sinks in a bit, and it's about 10 degrees colder where it's sunk in, all year round. No matter what time of year it is, that one tiny section is exactly 10 degrees colder. It's been proven and unexplained by legit ghost hunters around here.

Conclusion - I've been to veil's end quite a few times, and the only thing i've actually encountered was the temperature difference, that's it. I never saw a blue lady, or heard children, or saw a demon. But it was freaky to feel the temp drop litterly a step in front of you. Creepy.

11. not really legend but, up until a while ago... a guy used to dress up and leave flowers and booze at edgar allen poes buriel site every year on his birthday or something... kind of creepy

12. Nope, not in this country.

As a kid i used to live in belarus. Every day found money on the same hill when i walked with my grandma. I found it creepy. One day, there was no money :( As i walked up the stairs to my house i liked to get that adrenalline rush by saying: "Nanana, stupid fucking monsters, you can't catch me!" Lol, idk, i remember always feeling like there was a world beyond this.

Then i walked in the apartment. The door to the bathroom was open, and the poles holding the bathtub kinda looked like monsters. Then it all went dark. I was tied up to a round table, with alien like monsters talking to me. Then i woke up and i didn't knew if it was a dream or not. This day today i still don't...

13. did your butt feel stretched, extra tight, or in any way "not normal" when you awoke?

14. Naw man, it was first when i woke up and my grandma came home from the store with a new plunger.. I was in the bathroom for 3 days straight and couldn't shit for like two weeks. Good times.

15. bahahahahaha..........

grandma...........

plunger.........

bahahahahahahahahahaahaha.

i'm fucking stoned....

16. The florida beach pinquin

17. explain?

18. Giant Lumberjack and His Blue Ox

Also, according to wikipedia their is legend of the "Hoop snake" not too far from where I live. Damn snake can roll like a wheel

19. Not many legends around here.

There is this road around here that has no street sign (someone stole it. lol). Everyone calls it 'Devil Worshipers Road'. Supposedly, back in the day there was a satanic cult that sprung up and they would hold satanic rituals. And they also have claimed to see a goat headed man living near the area of the rituals. I've been there, lots of times (mainly to smoke). And I haven't seen shit.

Stupid kids. :rolleyes:

20. Ehh in Lexington the main thing we have is UK and Transylvania. Well we have the Henry Clay Estates, Mary Todd Lincoln Home, basically Alot of scattered historical spot, idk about legend per se though. We do have The Witches Cemetary, a hotspot for paranormal activity. Me and a couple of my dudes took some pictures... creepy shit. You all may have heard of Patti Starr, from ghost hunters international? She's from lexington, I sent her our footage and she did her own investigation. You can find the pics on her website.

Ghost Chasers International, Home of the Ghost Hunter