Legalizing Pot Will Only Increase Problems

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by Superjoint, Apr 28, 2003.

1. In my area its not often when it goes dry but when it does its a bad place to be. the crime rate rises by the day and violence also. There will be people waiting at liquer stores watching for people buying packs of blunts or blunts to robb them for their weed or take them to someone they can robb for their weed. Prices go up and that causes more people to have to get money other ways to support their pot habbit. when there is good bud everywhere the crime is very low. the only crime in the area is crystal meth , alcohol and crack related. I say keep the people at home Stoned . and Keep the fucking weed Cheap.

2. very true acid0X, i was astound to read this (basically the same u said, but with one extra detail) :

Grass prices in the United States are a direct reflection of the laws of supply and demand (and you thought that high school economics would never be useful). A series of large border busts, a short growing season, a bad crop, any number of things can drive the price of marijuana up. Demand still seems to be on the increase in the U.S., so prices seldom fall below last year's level. Each year a small seasonal drought occurs, as last year's supply runs low, and next year's crop is not up yet. Prices usually rase about 20 - 75 per cent during this time and then fall back to "normal." Unquestionably, a large shortage of grass causes a percentage of smokers to turn to harder drugs instead

(from http://nepenthes.lycaeum.org/Plants/Cannabis/potgrow-1.html)

im sure that drought or not, if it were legally sold in coffeeshop-like shops, crime wouldnt increase when shortage of weed occurs. if it were made legal, they'd make sure there wouldnt be any shortages and could get supplied from somewhere else that didnt suffer from droughts. its funny, cause i read that article right before reading your post Acid0X. i wasnt aware of such a horrible reality. the fuck is old schwarzy waiting for ? (he is said to have smoked cannabis on tape, during the mr universe movie filming, but they cut it out for some unknown reason :p other cuts show him doing the all too well known "heil hitler" arm raising thing -> read this in the weekly magasine Newsweek at the time the elections for Ca gov. were going on)

3. but if it was legal it wouldnt be used for that right?... soooo does that mean if we legalize marijuana it will become harmless? ya got yourself in a conundrum... if thats a word...

4. That article actually made me depressed for awhile. I can't beleive people can be so stupid. I think that article is more dangerous than weed is. Weed never makes me depressed it actually does the opposite.

5. hey, here's a link about the time arnold no brain schwarznegger got high :
    http://www.forarnoldssake.com/

footage of him taking a hit from a spliff !

6. (starter of the thread) Your argument is completely bunk.

for example: "This drug is not harmless. Marijuana is used to obtain guns, cocaine and cash to finance methamphetamine labs."

Yes, and that is a direct result of prohibition. If marijuana were legal, we wouldn't have that problem would we :)

7. Putting a republican in office will assure a war followed by a recession.

Lets ban money cuz people use it to buy guns and kill people. (lol wtf?)

8. Why would you bring up this 5 year old thread just to say that?

9. Who are you talking to?

Cuz if you are talking to me, I didn't bring up this thread.

10. Yea whoever wrote this article obviously doesnt know pot smokers. If marijuana was legal "gangs" would have to stop selling the product because their customer base wouldnt need them anymore. Most pot smokers are younger people who prefer not to have to spend a shit load of money for bud but at the same time dont want to risk the legal ramifications of growing it, so if it was legalized the majority of us would just cut out the middle man and grow it ourselves. Of course then the government wouldnt be able to profit off of people using pot like they do today, I guess thats why its illegal....along with some other bullshit reasons

11. Ignorance-without knowledge!

12. it would divert the focus of harder drugs if people could just be alowed to smoke some grass every now and then there would be no problems with it but if it was legalized i dont think that it should be allowed to be sold retail because it would take the food off of so many people's tables that deal in grass that some would be lower than low and have to turn to selling ileagal drugs and dangerouse drugs that dont have good company that comes with it. and if pot were leagal to be dealt (and not for retail) ther would be a lot less contriversy over it, people could make ther money off ov it and people could buy it and get high and no one feels guilty and no one is guilty

13. Excuse me sir. I would like to barter my marijuana for your guns and cocaine. K thx bai.

:rolleyes:

14. but pot grows naturally cutting out the supplier and middle man right??/

15. Legalizing Pot would be a great great thing for all of us whom consume the substance. But. Think of all the nostalga that we would loose by making it legal, I mean part of the fun of smoking is that you know it's illegal and you do it anyway. Weed would end up being sold like cigs, Camel and Marlboro would commercially start producing joints in various strains and have obese middle aged Manly Women sell them inside the 7-11s instead of a dealer (an everpresent and important part in drug history) selling in their parking lots. So I guess the point I'm trying to make is to go smoke a blunt for godsake and be happy with the fact that we can get illegal drugs so easily and that I would love to legalize marijuana, It does not look like this will happen anytime soon.

16. Wtf... your completely bunk dude. Its not superjoints article, its an article he found and shared with us. Speaking of bunk... bringing up 5 year olds thread is bunk :hello:

17. ima just say
    rob, your a dumbass
    he thinks that it will still be sold illegally
    yes it will, but imo, im pretty sure the majority of stoners would much rather pay a lil extra to buy it legally

18. The only way to stop it from being sold illegally is to put the dealers outa business. To achieve this the government would have to supply a surplus of MJ so it loses its street value. Which is possible to do, just very unlikely because there are a number of problems that will arise. If, let's say the USA, legalizes pot and supplies a surplus, unless every other country in the world legalizes it as well you've got yourself some major trafficking problems. To counter this either A. World Wide LEGALIZE or B. Extreme penalties for trafficking over the border (life sentences- Ouch). Then there are the economic problems.

Because MJ is so versatile many industries already built upon other products will be put out of business. But as long as those industries keep putting money in the pockets of US politicians, MJ stays on the streets, which leads to drug crime and gang violence. So legalization in the USA is out of the question so long as the corporations run the politicians who in turn run the country. And now I'm sad because Ive just reminded myself of what a corrupt country i live in. You cant win if the game is rigged. Fair and Free my pasty white ass.