Legalizing it in Canada

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by Kush4Canada, Aug 28, 2012.

1. Hey guys so I want this thread to report any news on legalizing Marijuana in any parts of Canada. What is the government doing? Are any new laws proposed? Are they in the House of Commons. This information needs to be known!!

2. Probably won't happen unless the US does it first. Canada could do it, but then the corrupt United States government can threaten to shut down any flights or tourists coming from the US to Canada.

3. [quote name='"rizzo30"']

Probably won't happen unless the US does it first. Canada could do it, but then the corrupt United States government can threaten to shut down any flights or tourists coming from the US to Canada.[/quote]

It's a bluff though. Just look at how much trade is down is Canada which I believe is the US's biggest trader. The US couldn't just shut down te border with Canada. They get the US a lot of water and oil.

4. The US government would still use bully tactics against Canada. Such as they could threaten trade sanctions and restrict travel. This has also already been discussed in this thread.
    http://forum.grasscity.com/international-marijuana-news/1038843-canadian-marijuana-law-change.html

5. [quote name='"rizzo30"']

The US government would still use bully tactics against Canada. Such as they could threaten trade sanctions and restrict travel. This has also already been discussed in this thread.
    http://forum.grasscity.com/international-marijuana-news/1038843-canadian-marijuana-law-change.html[/quote]

They would never go through with it. So much trade is conducted with Canada that it would be like slapping trade restrictions on a country like China or Saudi Arabia. Its nothing but talk.

6. Yes I agree with you completely. I still think the idea of legalizing the plant in Canada is still plausible; maybe to the point where California has it now.

7. Yeah.. If the US ever shut down the border then Canada won't ship water, they won't ship electricity, they won't ship oil. We are too important to one another. The US can be as pissy as they want if it gets legal in Canada but they won't do anything.

8. See I don't think they would have that sort of reaction to us legalizing it. I doubt they'd even "bully" us. Look at the Netherlands and Portugal. No trade or travel blockage as far as I know.

9. additionally coal energy is at super high. Flying in the face of any person that utters the word "sustainable" Exports of coal and fuels on track to set record - Businessweek

I'd think US would be more sustainable and USE the coal we have access to instead of exporting it.

10. theyve already done it.

we were about to legalize a few years back, but the US went all super bitch and said theyd cut trading and what not.

11. should called thier bluff if this country wasnt run by complete imbeciles, u/s would lose much more from that then vise versa,
    canada and u/s both graduated fail politics 101 with honours

12. Funny how politics work.. Hopefully when it's finally legalized it's it mentions the US bullying tatics in the history books. :smoke:

13. Then we can all smoke a bowl to that. I'm a US citizen and would love to see Canada legalize it. I want it to be legal here in the US also. Unfortunately I think that the sad fact of the matter is that everyone or most everyone is waiting for the US. Once the domino falls in the US everyone else will follow. I can not wait for that day. Then we can get rid of over half of the DEA since all they do is arrest people for smoking weed. Maybe they can focus on real criminals for once like burglars and murderers.

14. As an Australian, I can honestly tell you our government wont even talk about this topic until the USA does. Ironically, both the Australian Prime Minister and the President of the USA have admitted to smoking weed, but still stand against other people smoking it... It's like they're saying "Oh no, don't touch that shit, you might grow up one day and run the whole damn country."

Seriously though, the moment the USA flips the switch and declares it legal, Australia will jump on board. Even Canada legalizing it might get our politicians to at least talk about it. So wherever you live in this world, hopefully we're nearing the end of the prohibition and we can all soon look back at these times and laugh.

15. I really hope so. This whole war against drugs bullshit pisses me off. I think all of us will be watching Colorado this fall. I really hope that passes. If it does, I think it could be like dominoes. Eventually every state will fall over the next few years which will force it to be legal and then most other countries will jump on board also. Its funny that the USA is the land of the free. We the people are the land of the free, yet we hold 25% of the world's prison population. I know we don't have nearly that many people. The land of the free won't be so free once we put everyone in prison.

16. [quote name='"Xspizx"']

As an Australian, I can honestly tell you our government wont even talk about this topic until the USA does. Ironically, both the Australian Prime Minister and the President of the USA have admitted to smoking weed, but still stand against other people smoking it... It's like they're saying "Oh no, don't touch that shit, you might grow up one day and run the whole damn country."

Seriously though, the moment the USA flips the switch and declares it legal, Australia will jump on board. Even Canada legalizing it might get our politicians to at least talk about it. So wherever you live in this world, hopefully we're nearing the end of the prohibition and we can all soon look back at these times and laugh.[/quote]

The only reason it was prohibited was to kill the potential competition to the petroleum industry. As Hemp makes better quality fuels than what is made out of fossil fuel. Which is why they made a huge effort to remove all information about hemp and the products that can be made. If you all want to help end prohibition, get the word out about why it was originally started and read the book The Emperor Wears No Clothes. By our good friend Jack Herer and the best activist there ever was.

17. #18 clonedkewe, Sep 6, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2012
    [quote name='"clonedkewe"']

The only reason it was prohibited was to kill the potential competition to the petroleum industry. As Hemp makes better quality fuels than what is made out of fossil fuel. Which is why they made a huge effort to remove all information about hemp and the products that can be made. If you all want to help end prohibition, get the word out about why it was originally started and read the book The Emperor Wears No Clothes. By our good friend Jack Herer and the best activist there ever was.[/quote]

I'm starting to think that the modern day activist is only there to check out the opposite sex (or same, both) and a huge sesh. As the whole movement has grounded to a halt and it appears. That everyone is either oblivious to the above statement, or too paranoid to discuss the subject? As I've read many a thread about prohibition and never have I read. Someone else's opinion about why legislation was pushed through back in 1937 and how dishonest the related information was. But despite the fact that most have a huge dislike for prohibition. Most know very little or nothing about how it came about and how well information about the plant. Has been removed from the public eye and either hidden or destroyed. If recreational and medicinal users was to unite. To get the correct information known again to the public. That such a large uproar worldwide would finally force the ending of prohibition of the plant.

Unfortunately stoners are often rather lazy and fail completely on such an uphill battle. Or the systemic removal of relevant information has everyone wedged firmly in disbelief. If this the case then the fight to end the war on weed will never get off the ground and the status quo will always remain. Sad but true and this may be the last time I discuss this particular topic on GC. :((

18. they did it in the states, now what about canada

19. I hope it's only a matter of time now.