Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Legalized Pot

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by 556NATO, Oct 2, 2013.

1. How many think employeers will test for pot, if it becomes federally legal?j

2. If it becomes federally legal, then I think it would rule as discriminatory employment practices. 

3. They will still test, but they will not be able to hold marijuana against you.

4. Obviously the important jobs will can you for testing positive but I think a good few of the smaller jobs won't test or fire you for pot.
    I'm sure some jobs like airplane pilots wouldn't be ok with a pilot testing positive just like they wouldn't be entirely ok with them testing positive for alcohol since you can't really tell when they got high or drunk.

5. It is legal for them to refuse employment to anyone who tests positive, even if it becomes legal federally. There are hospitals and other businesses that refuse to hire people who smoke cigarettes and this has been upheld in the courts numerous times. It may not be ethical, but it is legal.

6. True. However your comparison to cigarettes doesn't hold true. It is illegal in about half of the states in the U.S.