Legalized It!

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by Das Coon, Dec 4, 2012.

1. Alright so I live in WA and this new initiative that passed (502) makes smoking pot no longer a crime, that is within reason.

Now for some reason the FEDs still see it as an illegal substance, but the state says it is legal, thus one can go into a store owned by the state and buy pot and still be busted by the FEDs?!?! Anyways that is another topic I don't want to get into right now. So please forget I even said it.

What I would like to know is how we are going to "legally" buy pot. News reports say the the earliest people are able to get their permits will be in the summer maybe winter months of 2013. So pot becomes legal on December 6th 2012 (3 days) but how are we supposed to "legally" buy it? You must have a permit to sell and since no permit are being handed out for at least another six months how are you supposed to get it? I'm playing devils advocate here, but if an officier of the law came to my house or pulled me over in a car and I have pot on me can he bust me? Even though it is legal how did I get it sort of thing is going to be asked by the officer....

Is the law just going to turn their head the other way for the next six months while everyone is lighten up? What's the deal?

2. Probably or hopefully the police will do nothing. They know they would just be spinning their wheels. Many simple non violent possession cases have already been dropped since Nov.

3. It won't be illegal to posses pot after December 6th (unless you have over an ounce), but you won't be able to buy it in stores till like the end of next year. So keep buying from your dealer until you can legally buy it, it won't be illegal if they find it on you. (I'm fairly sure this is right).

4. I understand what your saying but my question is, what are the police going to do if you have it? Since there is no legal place to buy it (yet) can they charge you with buying weed that was sold illegally?

5. No, possession isn't illegal anymore. If your in WA, I don't know the laws on growing. I know in CO you can have up to 6 plants, 3 mature, 3 not or whatever. I haven't read up on the WA law as much as the CO one, but I know possession isn't illegal so there's nothing they can do unless they catch you buying in the act.

6. Don't offer up the information that you bought it from your dealer, problem solved.

"My buddy gave me this" "My friend donated"

Down in the Gorge there is already a business set up to mimic wine tours. Some older hippy guy bought mini vans, drives clients around the gorge and lets them sample different strains of weed while sightseeing. His business is legal even though technically....how did he get that weed that his clients are consuming? Don't be a dealer, get caught buying a substantial amount, or be a non medical grower and all is well. We get to be in this grey area of legal possession with no legal way to obtain weed until the state figures out what the fuck they are going to do.