Legalize Now

Discussion in 'General' started by grassboy, Jul 19, 2009.

1. #1 grassboy, Jul 19, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 19, 2009
    Marijuana, by far the most popular "drug" amongst young people, old people, fat people, skinny people, blacks, whites, Asians, Latinos, Native Americans, and every other group of people upon the planet. Marijuana is a "feel good" drug and can create happy, euphoric environments whereby all get along and not a problem arises.

Marijuana dates back centuries. Even the people of ancient India smoked it calling it "poor-man's heaven". It was said that the Shiva, one of the gods of the Hindu trinity, introduced Marijuana to the public. Marijuana is historic. It's rooted in various cultures throughout the world and this is a fact that cannot be denied.

The American "War on Drugs" targets Marijuana users and dealers as if they were terrorists about to crash airplanes into buildings. Cops patrol the streets, making sure young people aren't "losing their brain cells". Often times someone will go to jail for such a small amount of Marijuana that it's actually embarrassing to our legal system. In the end, it's the tax payers responsibility to pick up the tab for the room and board of the Marijuana user/dealer who is now behind bars.

Cops are particularly hypocritical when it comes to the plant. Of course such is but speculation, but I'm almost certain that a significant majority of police officers smoke marijuana on at least an occasional basis. Imagine what they must do with crop they snatch from a dealers home. It's probably a safe bet to assume that only a tiny portion of the Marijuana recovered actually sees the inside of the police station's confiscation wing!

Marijuana can be used for all sorts of beneficial purposes. It can help to alleviate pain and bodily suffering, and can even replace up to two hundred prescription drugs! No wonder it's illegal. Marijuana would put the pharmaceutical companies out of business.

No other drug upon the planet can assist mankind such as Marijuana does. It goes without saying that Marijuana is indeed a wide-spread phenomenon. It is so mainstream and so popular that the only realistic option the United States government has is to legalize the damn plant once and for all.

Prohibition of alcohol didn't work, and neither does the failed War on Drugs; in particular, the War on Marijuana.

Let's dump the bull and admit that Marijuana was never as bad as it had been made out to be.

I forgot to mention this is an essay i am writing. What ya'll think

2. #2 ZarTheDragon, Jul 19, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 19, 2009
    mmmmmkay ?
    if its an essay needs to be longer...more facts/personal experience of proof.
    sounds good for like a rough draft though.

3. is this a petition? i dont think your going to have to sway anybody(on this forum) into believe what you just wrote. we pretty much all want it legalized.

4. Ye it is something I have written for a public debate on Marijuana. Wanted your opinions.

5. It's good.

I would make it longer and use more sources and studies to back up your claims, though. Just so your statements look more credible and not biased - since they are coming from the mind/mouth of someone who smokes weed.

6. i think your doing a good job so far trying to persuade people into legalizing it.