Legalize marijuana

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by UWCorky, Jan 21, 2010.

1. Who do you know that got cancer from smoking cannabis?

2. Not marijuana smoke, this isnt a poison like nicotine.

3. #23 JollyStoner, Jan 22, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2010
    UWCorky,

For the sake of the "Marijuana Movement" please take down that ridiculous facebook page you created.

Not only does it look like the work of some clueless teenager but you write stupid things like:

"I'm wondering if it's because they cannot tax it unlike the other drugs"

By "other drugs" I'm going to assume you mean Alcohol and Tobacco. First off, Marijuana is totally taxable. If MJ becomes widely available like alcohol, most people are going to buy it from stores due to the convenience and the fact that the price WILL go down as competition and inventory grows. There are TONS of people who would rather not go through the trouble of growing weed including the costs involved (electric bills to run lights/fans, nutrients, and other equipment.), have the space to grow it, or the time/patience/knowledge to care for them. You dont see many people distilling their own alcohol or brewing their own beer (Sure there are some who do but most dont). If I need alcohol I just buy it from the store.

"I'd say for every 100k people who die of alcohol, 5 die of Marijuana related-issues"

A statement like this does not make you look very credible. These are numbers you just made up.

You're also not going to round up any supporters by telling people to lick shit and die of Aids.

4. #24 T3XAs T0K3r, Jan 22, 2010

^^^^^
    This. Well worded.

5. There have been no studies (to my knowledge) linking cancer to cannabis use alone. For fucks sake, google this shit before you make a facebook group.

Good post JollyStonner.

6. #26 UWCorky, Jan 22, 2010

7. you are clueless and you sound like a 14 year old with your "like shit" comment.

Pretty much all that says is that they dont know.

8. A retarded parrot can spell. It's not the accomplishment your teachers make it out to be.

Learn what the facts are before you start spouting made up information. However, if you're just trolling, keep up the mediocre work. It's not your fault, directly, since we don't teach anyone how to learn in this country.

9. UWCorky, it looks like you misinterpreted Deadrat's comment when he said "Prohibitionist Douchebag" in post #4. He was not calling you a douchebag, he was referring to an "anti-marijuana" (prohibitionist) douchebag emailing you. Go back and read it what he wrote CAREFULLY. This is where this thread went to the shitter when you flipped out.

I think you should first acknowledge your mistake then just educate yourself by doing some reading on the forum before you start spreading mis-information to the masses. It wont help to just rant about how much you hate the government, instead you can spread the word about a possible solution such as millions of dollars in tax money generated by legal MJ sales, or a huge financial blow to the illegal drug cartels. The list goes on.

10. Thanks, someone with common sense and not trolling someone who made a mistake.

11. But, why should I care about the health affects, I'm here to grow and smoke the shit. I just got told it causes cancer so w/e boss.

12. If thats all youre doing you dont have to care. But if you are getting into activism at all you need to educate yourself.

13. Nah fuck getting into that, that's a dead end. I just want this shit to be legal so I don't have to hide like a bitch lol

14. if you are too lazy to get educated then please just shut up about legalization. You are actually hurting more than you are helping with your group. Please leave the activism to those of us willing to read. Join our groups, sign petitions, vote for the initiatives we write, but please god, dont try to be a leader and dont debate anyone. Uninformed activists (in any movement) hurt more than they help.

edit: also its very sad to see that someone thinks educating themselves is a "dead end".

15. Do not speak of what you are uneducated about.
    Makes you look like a fool and hurts the movement.

I love getting into debates about marijuana with pussy bitches that dont know shit,they get obliterated.
    And if your FOR LEGALIZATION and get obliterated, thats just you fucking shit up for the stoners who ARE EDUCATED.

16. I would have to say I agree with you to fight this battle uneducated is bad for the cause, that's why I took a whole year, both smoking and studying before I started taking a stand. I watch documentaries and activists who have year's of experience with prohibition and I learn the truths. I'm not above going directly to prohibition supporters and hearing their claims on why they feel it should remain prohibited.

I have to follow with these suggestions, get educated before you get active, and here is a good place to get educated.

17. #37 UWCorky, Jan 23, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2010
    Well, I never said educating myself is a dead end. I'm saying getting into activism is a dead end.

18. You need to educate yourself think about what kind of topics the big guns are going to bring up, no matter what you have to have a defense at any possible turn. If you start to not be able to answer someones questions you start to lose credibility, and if you lose credibility it affects the entire cause.

If you have any questions please feel free to PM me, I have been working on my activism for a whole year before I started getting active.

19. Ignorance is bliss, but annoys the fucking shit out of everyone else.

20. everybody that smokes should have the mental capacity to give factual information
    to people about why marijuana has been misunderstood and why it should be legal

especially if you are trying to reach out to people on facebook