Legalize it now. GRAPHIC

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by Thomas437, Jul 22, 2010.

1. Im some what of a military enthusiast and I came across this video while watching a few other. It speaks for itself, Mexico has become a warzone and if this isnt enough of a reason to legalize then what is?

Apache Clips - Border Chaos - 8 Min Video From Cop Source

Please remember that there are graphic pictures and that its a military website so alot of the comments are alittle crazy

2. I feel like I'm the only one in grasscity who doesn't want this proposition to pass LOL

3. The message you have entered is too short

4. I understand why a lot of pot smokers don't want it to pass but consider this.

Seven decades of propoganda have confused and fooled much of the general public into believing marijuana is dangerous and harmful to their children. In order to make any sort of change, the vast numbers of people who are on the fence need an incentive to vote yes to legalize marijuana. What's that incentive? Taxes.

The proposition that CA will be liberated from its budget crisis, schools will be paid for, and roads taken care of evokes strong enough emotions to convert those who would otherwise oppose legalization.

Furthermore, this bill represents the first step in a path towards legitimacy for marijuana smokers. The Feds don't want this to pass because they know it will create a waterfall effect across the country. This is not just a legalization bill. This is a statement of our rights as United States citizens. If we want to smoke pot, then god damn it, we WILL smoke pot and NOT be arrested for doing so.

If this bill fails, however, the momentum of the pro-legalization movement will be stifled. Opponents across the nation will point to CA and say "See? Even the liberal hippies won't vote for it." They'll become stronger. They'll grow entrenched. The fight moves into their ball park.

Look, I don't think this is a perfect bill, far from it. What this is, is the closest we're going to get to legalization for awhile. Politics is as much compromise as it is ideology. If we're going to legalize marijuana, we've got to give the general public something to bite on. We've got to give up something to get something back.

Prop 19 isn't permanent. It can grow and change just like any law. If we pass it this November, we can work on making it more friendly to the public. If it fails, it's back to the drawing board.

Please, if you haven't read anything, at least read this:

Prop 19 has much greater significance than just a bill legalizing marijuana. It's the first step in changing the very nature of our most favorite past-time. Out of the shadows and into the sunlight. Even if you don't agree with the terms; even if you protest taxation; even if you just plan don't understand it, vote yes for it. Grow your own and skip out on paying the Feds if that's what you need, but whatever you do, don't vote no.

If we lose Prop 19, it will take years to build back the momentum.

Please, vote yes on Prop 19.

5. Do you honestly think that the American government gives a shit about a few Mexican deaths? In all honesty, this helps the government as it means smugglers are governing themselves and most of the drugs that come into America from Mexico are coming from the same source.

6. Its really sad that this continues and its 100% America's fault. If we legalized all drugs the war in Mexico would immediately stop. And it is a full on war. More people are dieing in Mexico than in Irag and Afghanistan, and these are citizens not soldiers.

But we just look the other way.

7. America is not 100% at fault.

Mexico would not immediately stop if we was to go 100% legal in all states.

Mexico would shift their focus from MJ to Coke and other drugs.

Cartrels pay the farmers jack shit if and when they even get paid, money is the root of this evil

Alot of mules would be out of business

8. #8 Klao, Jul 22, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2010
    Given that the proposition only puts new rights in place, and eliminates NO existing rights, you shouldn't be surprised by that fact. Rather, when the ballot initiative makes nearly everything better, and almost nothing worse, it's very difficult for most people to understand your position.

In fact, most people that have been posting against the proposition over the last few days seem to be doing so as a direct result of not really understanding what the proposition entails -- they buy into myths about the initiative that are entirely untrue (such as, for example, the false idea that the initiative will interfere with anything already protected under proposition 215).

9. Why is HD not available.

10. Mexico's focus is not just on Marijuana its on all drugs. Almost all of our cocaine in the United States come through Mexico ( from South America)

11. "Mexico would not immediately stop if we was to go 100% legal in all states."

"Mexico would shift their focus from MJ to Coke and other drugs."

It would take until the first harvest in the year of legalization to stop their pot money and indoor grow ops would be up and running before the ink dried on the bill.
    The DEA has already stated that Mexico cannot expand their user base enough on the other drugs to make up the loss of marijuana from their menu. The cocaine and heroin
    market is already as large as they can make it now,how would they increase it?

12. Axis of Evil between Mexico and Coca-Cola. They bring the old formula back! :eek:

13. What I wanted to say or imply was they would relax more on the MJ and shift more of their focus into better smuggleing of coke and other drug attempts

14. I agree, but they would focus on better smuggleing to get more into the country to make up for the loss of monies from MJ

15. The military budget (and my taxes) are big enough as-is. I certainly don't need to help pay for some 2-trillion dollar proposal for HD video everywhere... :rolleyes:

16. The DEA has already stated that the cartles would never be able to expand their markert for their other drugs as they have done with Cannabis.

17. #17 thereddfoxx12, Jul 23, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2010
    not gonna lie that was pretty exciting to watch, but it is still horrible for those who experience it i'm sure.
    EDIT: Nevermind i just watched it, it wasn't what i thought it would be.

18. I dont trust what the DEA or Obama has to say at this point in time!

19. There is a much, much greater demand for Marijuana than any other drug. They say 60% of their income is from marijuana but i'd bet its near 75%.

20. the dea also told me that marijuana would kill me and cause me to become a social outcast and failure. when the dea talks its like listening to an annoying infomercial. your never going to believe in it, you just have to endure it.....