Legalizations effect on the toking community

Discussion in 'General' started by TheCruz831, Feb 1, 2014.

1. I have mixed feelings about the legalization of pot. On the one hand, it would be legal. No more possession charges or any bullshit like that. You could grow your own, save money. But quite frankly, I don't really care about either of those things. If I lived in a rural hick town where the cops are dicks, I would be all for the legalization. But for those of us who live in a neutral to accepting community, we may want to take a look at the effects on the toking community.
    So many people would start smoking. I don't know about you, but when I see some newbie acting like a fool, I feel like s/he is kind of a disgrace to the community. They are what gives pot a bad name.
    Also, I feel like I have something that not everyone has. I smoke weed. When I bike to the liquor store, I like knowing that I'm high and most of the people I see aren't. And, that some of them would not like the fact that I'm high. And I don't mean this in a rebellious way, I just really enjoy being one of the few people that I see that are high. Of course, I live in probably one of the stonerest communities in the US.
    When I meet someone and they smoke too, if they're experienced, I feel like we have kind of a connection. If everyone is smoking, not that they necessarily will be, it kind of destroys that bonding factor.
    It's harder than I thought it would be to explain this physically - in my head it's just there, no need to elaborate or justify. Anyway, that's my take on legalization's effect on the toking community.

• Like Like x 1
  2. So youd rather be a snob than have legal weed?

• Like Like x 5
  3. If less people drink alcohol, and more people smoke weed instead, I'd be happier; well, less disappointed really.
    And money is a big factor for me. I can't be throwing down so much for weed all the time.

Like Snoop brought up, I more concerned about the snobs in the toking society. They are what brings stoners down. 

• Like Like x 2
  4. The only stoners that don't want it legal are greedy. It's usually because they are a dealer and know that they will have to find a real job because the price will drop significantly. Other than that, it will bring a shit ton of jobs, revenue, and make it so you don't have to look over your shoulder every time you smoke/pick up.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Sounds pretty selfish to be honest. Legalisation isn't usually a barrier to those who want to smoke toking up. Even as a legal product it could still be tested for. I'd say those that want to toke are toking. Legalisation is the first step to devaluing public stigma. I want to live in a world where my recreational marijuana use isn't seen as odd, but normal.

6. No prison for plants

Sent from my LG-P659 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 3
  8. #8 Stride420, Feb 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2014
    I honestly would just want it decriminalized but the fact that being legal would stop drug testing at jobs pushes me towards legalization.

• Like Like x 2
  9. #9 kush70, Feb 4, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2014
    uhmmm because it is legalized does not mean companies don't and won't test

it is their right whether its legal or not....and frankly a good fucking idea imo -

there are jobs that it's just plain fucking retarded that they test..

then there are other jobs where they should... factories.. railroad etc...

10. #10 Stride420, Feb 4, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2014
    [quote name="kush70" post="19462770" timestamp="1391501970"]uhmmm because it is legalized does not mean companies don't and won't testit is their right whether its legal or not....and frankly a good fucking idea imo -there are jobs that it's just plain fucking retarded that they test.. then there are other jobs where they should... factories.. railroad etc...[/quote]No they cannot test for it in the urine if it is legal. THC has a long half life and is in urine longer than most drugs. They would have no right telling you you can't test positive for thc because it's something you do in your free time.Now smoking on the job that's a different story.

11. Its beneficial because you can grow your own, not be charged, and not have to worry. Come to the east coast and your views will change. Having to wait on b.s. dealers people charging fucking 400 an ounce when i could grow it for $20.

12. I think weed should be legal as its make it easier for people who don't know anyone who smoke weed (like me) to buy pot from a shop rather than to ask randoms

13. There's an unspoken connection when I meet someone who also smokes pot which I feel like could be lost with legalization. Anyone else agree ?

14. uhm yes they can test you......

they do have that right... unfortunately lol but yeah..

15. [quote name="Snoop Toad" post="19448022" timestamp="1391282677"]So youd rather be a snob than have legal weed?[/quote]Very blunt and straight to the point.But this.Omega369 :wave:

16. So unless you enter the smoking community a veteran then you suck?  I don't get it it, everyone's gotta start somewhere, newbs will be newbs

• Like Like x 2
  17. In Colorado you can still be fired for coming up positive for weed; Drug testing is more of a human rights issue than federal law.

Thankfully it's illegal for companies to drug test in Canada.

18. The thing for me is taht I would reealllyy reeeeeeeeaaaally love to grow my own, so I'm pro-legalization

19. Wwwaaat???

How? What if you are a school bus driver for kids or work in a nuclear power plan? Drug test the shit out of them.

My last job could fire you for having alcohol I  your system. They used those 80 hour tests.

20. Well yeah, emergency services & operating heavy machinery are the exception. Bus driver is okay, look at rob fucking ford haha.