Legalization

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by Duffey, Mar 15, 2004.

1. Alright, I'm tired of seeing all this bullshit of the government and how it would grow 'killer bud'. There's no question about it that marijuana is under a big prohibition law, like alcohol and like tabacco, it will be legalized before most teens reach their 40's. It's all how they could tax it. Tabacco is farmed everywhere, and then sold to major companies such as marboro, newport, and so on. Think if they got hold of marijuana selling joints in 20 packs like cigs. It'd be VERY nice, but, doubtful, you'd be lucky if you can buy them in packs like Black and Milds. I don't smoke cigs, and never will, I only smoke marijuana and salvia (legal). When they do finally legalize marijuana and start using 1000's of acres to farm it on government land, different strains, all the same prices, its like cigs, all have a different taste, and effect (if you don't smoke for awhile, you WILL get a buzz). Marijuana prices would be decreased from 5 dollars a gram to maybe 2.50 a gram, which is going to save alot of you with your lunch money. Anyways, I have no idea what I'm saying, marijuana won't be legal in the states, I'm moving to the Netherlands!

2. i wouldn't like to see big corporations take over if it became legal. i'd want it like in holland where you just get a licence and open a shop.

3. In holland/ampsterdam, there are some places which actually give you weed, in ounces sometimes. They do this because they know these people are 'wasting their lives' so they just hand them what they want and let them waste it there and actually converse with people of their kind, sounds like my type of place. If weed does get legal, you WILL see a Duffey's Greenhouse in South Carolina, a nice place to smoke and drink coffee, with dealers at every corner

4. Really? I have heard of a program there where certain places will give hard drugs out to addicts, like heroin, but I didn't know they did that with weed. Free ounces??!! damn. Might have to look into that.

5. ya, the sad thing about america though is it's all about the money. if it were legal there, they'd tax to maybe double the normal price and sell them in cigarettes boxes so that you get addicted. then they'll add chemicals and other garbage and in a few generations, they'll have the same anti-mj campaigns like they do with cigs. it'll cost way too much. if it's legal just grow your own and forget about taxes.

6. I wouldnt mind being addicted to the cig boxes of joints :X

7. no it won't ever be legal.

you really need to do some research as to why.

8. uhh, there's more research out there that explains why it would/should become LEGAL.

9. It very much depends on who is doing the looking ,does it not.

Every day more bullshite propaganda is generated.

Every day more innocent people are sent to prison.

Every day even more money is spent on fighting the use of marijuana.

Doesn't seem like the majority of evidence regarding pot is favorable to those in control ................of your taxes ,of the laws you must obey ,of the very rights you have as a citizen.

roach

10. I think Roach has the right angle on this issue- I've been tokin for 28 years and have seen precious little in the way of favorable legislation. It's a profit thing like Steve Martin said in the movie “The Jerk”. The police, lawyers, prison builders, alcohol producers, pill producers and big time weed smugglers don't have the least interest in marijuana being legal-No more profit!

Best focus on finding the most and best sources of herb and I might add one more important point-Prepare an incredible line of defense in the event you are busted.

I don't understand why those millions who have been busted over the last several decades don't run newspaper ads, put up signs and lots of bumper stickers advertising their plight.

Peace and a great buzz to everyone!

11. it is a very good idea to move to the neatherlands. But i think that we should be trying to make the crime rate in america to go down. It would decrease if marijuana were legalized. The cops wouldn't need to be focusing on small-time dealers of pot instead they would be able concentrate and focus on the big time dealer of hard drugs