Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Legalization

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by baumann444, Mar 27, 2013.

1. I'm not a professional, just a stoner lmao, but my opinion is that weed will be legalized in the next 5 to 10 years so the government can tax the shit out of it and help the economy, how long do you guys think it will take?

2. But what about all of the brainwashed fuckwits listening to the propaganda telling them weed is bad. Do you think the country would be divided just like say, civil rights in the 60s, the civil war. Maybe not to that extreme but I believe once it is legal, the country will be severely divided. But then again we are severely divided at this moment. Idk, I'm high.

3. The way I see it, the generations that weed became popular on are getting older, more parents are looking the other way when it comes to smoking, even president Obama knows he has bigger things to worry about. So many people today smoke, I think our country is turning over a new leaf when it comes to this stuff. That's just my opinion based on what I've seen though, and like I said, I'm just a stoner. Might as well be a kid

4. Well I saw a chart and most kids 18-30 were for it then the next age group was even lower and 65+ was the lowest. It's because they were all brainwashed and if we don't get them to change there mind it's obvious the newer generations will change the law. So know it will be legalized its just a matter of when.

5. Yeah you have a point. I'd rather it be illegal and cheap, than legal and expensive and plant taxed and grow taxed all of that shit. Legalization will just lead to more regulations imo

6. It inevitably will be as soon as all the close-minded people in this country get too old to care and the young generation grows into the majority of the public. I don't think it will be in the next 5 years though, there are still too many people that would fight it. Plus tobacco and the pharmaceutical companies don't want it and they'll oppose it no matter how open-minded the country is. Timber companies will oppose the widespread industrialization of hemp because hemp could basically save the trees. And the indoctrinated religious fanatics will always oppose "drugs" as well.

And it's not going to be some huge party when it's legal, the first couple years it will be under tremendous scrutiny just as CO and WA are now. Every dumb fucking teenager who does anything stupid with weed in or on them will look very bad on our movement. And there will always be those who will try and use drug crackdowns as political ammo to rile people up. Once legalized, people will fight and oppose it and attempt to get it illegalized once again.

It will happen inevitably but there's no way it's happening in the next 5-10 years, at least not completely legalized on the federal level.

Just MO

7. People will still grow it and sell it illegally tho! I'm sure your dealer would love to grow legally and then sell to you which you can walk around and carry legally. Plus you can just grow your own with no problems

8. After posting this thread, just by coincidence, I was assigned a paper on the legalization of weed, and hey, what better way to get arguments and resources the. On here! So if anyone wants to direct me to a good resource or suggest unique arguments, I'm all ears!

9. Watch the movie on YouTube The Union: The Business Behind Getting High

10. True but I'm talking in general. Lol

11. Nooooo. As soon as its legalized they will make growing illegal or tax the shit out of growers.......It most definitely wont be as simple as you said..The government would never just let people make all that untaxed "free" money.....Big corporations would step in and be the main sources....look at Washington....you still cant grow there(as far as i know, but i could be wrong) and weed prices barely moved.....

12. Exactly. Much better with it illegal.

13. All I can say is hopefully soon. I could see it being in the next 5-10 years easy. 1: The U.S needs the revenue to keeps our economy afloat. 2: the voting percentages for it are almost over half now which really gives us the edge politically assuming legislation is began. 3: Colorado and Washington are there and they are creating ripples in other states. 4: Because it is a beautiful plant and everyone should experience her. Be well and toke up friends.

14. Well, we've got 48 states to go.

58, If you ask Obama.

15. 57 actually