Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Legalization Thought of the Day

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Anton Lavey, Mar 24, 2011.

1. I know this gets tossed around a lot, but my friend recently pointed out something to me that was oddly profound. I was lamenting that we'll never see legalization, but then he said, "I've got to figure, one day all of us who are complaining about those currently in charge will be in charge ourselves and we can pass a bill then." I thought it was just subtly brilliant. Anyway, toke on.

2. Nah, so far it seems like we're just going to keep electing more full-time politicians to "represent" us.

3. Theres probably just as many if not more ignorant people in our generation as there is in theirs :(

4. The sad truth, they reproduce in such quantities...:(

5. Well that's sounds about right but that's what the hippies from the sixties thought. We're still seeing resistance. Hope your right though...

6. [​IMG]

7. #7 m3t4lm4n222, Mar 24, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2011
    I have to agree. If you think about it, its only a matter of time until it gets legalized all around the country. Marijuana is becoming accepted more and more every single day and its becoming extremely apparent. Hell, look at the media, nearly every successful comedy mentions smoking marijuana in it..Hell, Donald Trumps Roast just came on and the first thing you hear from Seth MacFarlane is "I like to smoke a lot of weed" Oh, and Snoop busts out blunt during the roast as well. Not to mention Wiz Khalifa has become extremely successful and I can't think of a single one of his songs that doesn't mention smoking marijuana..I mean, its a big part of his image so I can't imagine many of his fans have problems with smoking weed. (On a side note, Lopez Tonight constantly has mentionings of marijuana, from Seth Rogan talking about smoking it to Cameron Diaz talking about smoking it) Nearly every single Comedy Central Presents Comedian has some joke that has to do with them being high/smoking marijuana.

We've got SensibleWashington trying to get I-1149 into the general ballot this year, which if it does get into it, people will be able to vote to legalize in Washington State this November. California is going to run an initiative next year and I believe Oregan State plans to run one next year as well. Oh and who knows, SensibleColorado might run one in 2012 as well. The Western States are really pushing marijuana legalization and honestly, I think if Washington doesn't legalize marijuana this year they're simply delaying the inevitable. SensibleWashington and other Legalization groups are just going to continue putting out initiatives until one passes. Once one passes, others will see how it effects that single state and follow in their steps.

All I know is that whenever I have kids i'm going to properly educate them on Marijuana when the right time comes. But by then, marijuana will already be legal here (Hopefully lol)

8. Lol at your sig after that post.

9. To get into a meaningful office, you must be a politician. To be a politician, you must sell out. Therefore to be in a meaningful position, you must sell out. That's the American way!

10. This is exactly what I'm talking about. Mass perception is changing slowly but surely, with our (presumed) generation being nearly completely accepting. Cross your fingers for Oregon!

11. Cross your fingers for every single state that attempts to put out an initiative to legalize marijuana. Washington State, Oregon, and California are all next to each other, and Colorado isn't to far away from them. If one Legalizes one of the states next to it will [Hopefully] see the positive effects and follow in their footsteps. The West Coast has a lot of "Thinkers" who don't believe everything everyone tells them, trust me, i've lived here my whole life.

12. Lester grinspoon predicted legalization within ten years in "marihuana reconsidered"(late 60s think).
    But once people look to the facts and a majority of people what an incredibly useful plant this is, we will see legalization.

I just read in o shaugnessy's medical paper from the 1850s about using cannabis helping an infant with uncontrollable seizures, saving people from tetanus, cholera, and many more diseases). Yet I just watched some documentary on growers and some official was talking about "medical marijuana. I'll use that term though the federal government has cannabis as a schedule 1 drug with no medical benefits blah blah blah...ass:rolleyes: