Legalization Reduces Traffic Deaths

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by imprettygood, Dec 13, 2011.

1. Uuuh, I think some of those students need to look up 'cause and effect'.

2. Love it! I've been stuck when faced with people saying that it's legalization would not cause people to shy away from alcohol and in turn drink and drive less. Great link. +rep!

3. i know i would drink wayyy less and i'm from the fucking drinking state. listen up congress fucks.

4. That study is pretty far fetched. Way too many unaccounted variables. They're saying medical marijuana cut down the number of beer sales that in turn accounted for a reduction in traffic accidents. The age group is only 20-29.

5. #7 HeaDiEs RusH, Dec 14, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2011
    http://ftp.iza.org/dp6112.pdf <-- direct PDF of the study

http://www.iza.org/en/webcontent/publications/papers/viewAbstract?dp_id=6112 <-- abstract

Ok I just read through most of the actual study myself and the evidence is actually very strong. You can go ahead and read it for yourself if you don't believe me. They looked at a large number of different factors before drawing their conclusions and it all points towards a decrease in alcohol related traffic fatalities when medical marijuana laws are enacted. I'm going to finish reading the study later and then I'll consider posting a reply explaining the study in a more comprehensive way than the article did.

6. some people are finally grasping the fact that kids can get weed easier than they can get alcohol and are okay with that. Ron Paul has said it. the war on drugs WILL be evaluated and there eventually won't be a war against weed.

7. I'd be willing to bet all I have that if weed was legalized, there would be a very noticeable decrease in users of heavier drugs over the next generation. You'd no longer have to be an outlaw to smoke. The type of people who you have to go to to get the stuff wouldn't be the same who provide heavier drugs. From my experience in this field I can tell you that, because of the network of people I worked with, I could get ahold of almost any drug. That's because it's been forced underground where all the rest of the stuff is.

8. It'll be all good weed and psychedelics.

9. Aaaah. So Marijuana reduced the amount of DUI's, causing a decrease in accidents.

10. #12 imprettygood, Dec 19, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 19, 2011