legalization or decriminalization?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by mikeycas, Nov 12, 2009.

1. I have to say, I would muucchhh rather not have marijuana legalized. Having it decriminalized would be a better choice for the people but would never happen because if only decriminalized people will be allowed to smoke it without breaking the law but the government is not allowed to tax it. legalization means to authorize it, giving the government permission to commercially produce it, spray the same cancer-causing radioactive chemicals on it just as they currently do to tobacco, and tax the living shit out of it. Taxing it may help the economy and im not really against it being taxed, but it being legal calls for mass commercial production. With commercial production, large companies are responsible to grow it, and growing millions of thousands of trees results in needing pesticide/herbicide spraying. It has been proven that tobacco/marijuana smoke DOES NOT cause cancer, the numerous radioactive chemicals the tobacco seeps in while growing is what causes cancer. And that is exactly why i am for decriminilization, not legalization, so I can sit back on my couch and smoke my bud without having to grow my own and without worrying about the chemicals being sprayed on my mj. If it is legalized, I am already planning on growing about 7 trees of my own so I wont have to deal with cancer causing chemicals but its a horrible idea to spray that shit on our precious weed :smoking:

2. Legalization. Decriminalization does make any sense. How can you posses something, but its production, sale etc. is illegal. Where is it coming from? On top of that, it doesnt adress the crime problem.

3. watch the movie "the union:the business behind getting high". itll explain to you exactly how decriminalization is the best idea. but im completely fine with having it legal too. hell.... idc thats its illegal. im smoking it either way.

4. The problem with decriminalization over legalization is that it will allow the gangs and true crime-lords who profit so much from cannabis sells thrive even more, where as if it's legal they won't be making anything off of it. Plus being legal and being able to move and not worrying about finding a "new contact" would be huge. I do understand your concern, but I don't think it will be as bad as you think. There are going to be thousands of marijuana dispensaries once it becomes legal just like there are Medical Marijuana Dispensaries and with the right license I'm sure they'll be able to grow there own and keep it in its natural state.

5. In my opinion you cannot legalize Dope,where in the the world is it legal.If The Uk legalized it then they would lose control over it.Thats the only waythe goverment can to control dope by keeping it illegal,wouldnt be in there interest to legalize ,if they did how would it be taxed and taxed it would right up to the hilt there for creating a black market coz someone would allways be cheaper same as the tobacco,its to big of a subject for the goverment to get there tiny little hgeads round for a start. de-criminalize what a nice word,can anyone in this tell me the law on dope as im very perplexed by it.one week i can have an eigth and if im caught i get it confiscated and a bollocking,the next im arrested taken to court and given a criminal record .so the law basically doesnt know the rules.suppose it just depends on wht mood the piggy is in at the time so he law is given straight to the copper who is arresting you.Can any one please tell me the exact law on dope in the uk mbecause i aint got a fucking clue as for legalizeation forgewt it more chance of trading in rocking horse shit

6. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I watched the Union. Their message wasn't decriminalization. It was to legalize. They stated that decriminalization didn't solve many of the problems prohibition created.

Anyway, I've got a mixed stance on legalization. I like the idea, but I'm afraid the government would fuck it up.

7. We're you stoned out of your mind? :p They said that decriminalization has to be the worst option because it's hypocritical and sends a bad message (more or less).

8. THIS IS ONLY DESCRIBED AS A HYPOTHETICAL EXAMPLE OF THE ABILITY TO CREATE TAXES AND REVENUE

INTENDED FOR HYPOTHETICAL DISCUSSION PURPOSES ONLY

NOT AN ENCOURAGEMENT TO PERFORM ANY ILLEGAL ACTS FOR ANY REASON

THESE ARE ONLY OPINIONS...

There is many reasons for and against legalization versus decriminalization, however in my opinion is that it should become full across the board legal. and make it into position of so many positives out weigh the negatives.

1. It would remove a market not as profitable as cocaine or heroin but a large constant in the incomes of these drug cartels it would weaken a substantial portion of their constant flows of money. and according to the US government it would stop the funding of terrorist networks as well.

2. The incomes from taxation to cover the complete payment of many other needed areas (health-care, maintenance of our failing highway systems, the national debt, the development of "green energy's and many many other more useful projects) just amazing strides could be made to improve the standings and living conditions of the whole US.

3. Taxation can still be accomplished without the complete take over of corporate or government take over. Slight tax on grower per amount/ slight tax on collection distribution place/ small tax on the store slash dispensary and then a final small tax on the consumer. ( THE SAME WAY THEY DO ALCOHOL/MICRO-BREWS) this would if each time there was a $6 tax each of those steps and then the grower makes $150 each ounce then your still talking good profit for the grower, a hefty tax profit for "the man" and everyone is stoned and happy while still cutting the price of the average high quality ounce by half. so $6 tax each step and then a $4-6 added cost for profit each step and 150 profit for grower and the price drops to $250 still cheaper than the average prices of today. And every one IS happy and making money.

4. Another part is that there is already a substantial number of underground growers that even with the availability of "legal marijuana" would still be the people that have the REALLY good smoke. i know that i wouldn't just run out and turn over my years and years worth of work to a government that has caused so much stress and persecution of me for this very plant and then to add to that many of use just enjoy growing and would still continue to grow it anyways for its satisfaction and comfort that it can bring ( at least for me) legal or not. And I Guarantee mine would still be better than average store bought smoke:D

The Complete legalization would also relieve much of the overloading stress that is put on many other systems such as: The first people Law enforcement, they would stop wasting man hours processing minor non violent marijuana offenders, also decreasing the amount of personal need for the DEA officers and Border Patrol agents to stop smuggling of marijuana through our borders. or raiding houses that the only thing done "wrong" is having a few lights with a handful of plants under them. THE JUDICAIL SYSTEM the average court case takes 3 meetings at average 2 hours each time just to get to a trial for a petty possession charge that's 6 hours AND NOT EVEN A TRIAL YET. that is paying the Judge, the prosecutor, the officers (who get time and a half to be in court!), the public defender, and then even the clerk. all of this even at $10 an hour for each ( making an guess) your talking $50 ( VERY LOW ESTIMATE ) for 6 hours just to get you to a court date. thats 300hundred dollars per case. The PENAL system. 37,000 a year to house 1 inmate for 1 year. they dont spend that all on the inmate for sure. on top of the money it would relieve much of the over crowding of our prisons stopping the release of violent rapists, murders, child molesters and arsonists due to the over crowding.

All these benefits have such potential and possibility for improvement of many MAJOR problems that continuously compound currently due to marijuana being illegal in the US.

Oh on a side note look more into the global drug prohibition treaty or agreement. not sure of the exact terminology but it is a coalition that is in effect. pretty scary when you learn more about it and what all it is against. Its really outrageous and unfair as it is the US is the ones leading the way.

OverGrowMexico
    OGM

:smoking:This is all just My Humble Opinion and presented for the sake of conversation:wave: