legalization in illinois (chicago)

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by special sauce, Nov 13, 2012.

1. ok, so i know rep. lou lang(D) from skokie has been pushing for medical marijuana but i was wondering if there r any bills trying to be pushed through right now or if there is an illinois petion to sign that wasnt made up by a 19 year old on face book lol

with colorado and washington legalizing, and dems with a supermajority now in illinois, we might be able to get something done, just really wanna know so i can do all that i can to make pot legal in the chi

2. Theres a vote for mmj nov 27 but i dont see it being legal anytime soon

3. A few areas have decriminalized but we're still very behind in some ways. Didn't know about the 27th though I'll have to check it out.

4. Where has it been decriminalized in IL?

5. I dont think Scruffs Mgcruffs gana let that happen

6. Fines now in Evanston and Chicago, depends at the discretion of the cop though, but still only fines under certain weight (12g's?)

Its also like that in some other NW burb, can't remember where

7. The Chicago fines just passed in July/Aug, I don't think its going to go farther than that this year

MMJ requires alot of infrastructure, don't know if that'll happen so quick, I'd say 2 years is realistic

8. Yeah the city of Chicago past the ordinance over the summer. I myself haven't been pulled over over here but apparently anything less than 15g is a $250-$500 ticket.

Still one step closer I guess.

9. under 7 g's is decriminalized in dixon il, like $150 ticket but then a good $200 in court fee's

10. do you know what the bill is? what branch its starting in and what the bill number is? like sb12 or whatever iot happens to be, i wanna look it up and email my reps and senators

11. you could just google it

12. Cook county sheriffs give tickets for bud. I thought it was 10gs or under?