Legalization in Canada

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by Stoner420Chick, Feb 5, 2008.

1. I'm from the US. I don't know too much about the legal state in Canada, other than that it's not really enforced or anything. Although the US may not be that close to legalization...is Canada? It would be pretty cool to take a ride up there sometimes and be able to walk into a coffee shop and buy weed like in Amsterdam, only not have to spend as much for flying or anything.

2. I live in Ontario Canada, less then 10 minutes away from the Michigan border. In no way is marijuana legal in canada, we just have less harsh pentilities. Insted of being arrested and detained (booked in jail) here in canada you would recieve a promise to appear, this is a promise that you will attened court on a certain date. It really depends on how much you get busted with.

I have never been busted, but my little brother a a few friends have been and this is how it went down. In the long run they ended up getting community service and probation.

I wish I would walk into a coffee shop and buy some killer buds, but I do not see it happeing anytime soon! I only wish!

3. You live In Windsor then? I have grandparents there and I drive down a couple times a year. 9 hour drive.

In Windsor and Ontario in general there more strict as you just mentioned but here In Montreal there really no such thing as court for having bud or community service. The most the cops will do it tell you to throw it out and that's rare.

Canada wants to legalize bud but there afraid and have been warned by the US government that if they legalized it there'd be problems at the border of what the US would allow and something like that I don't remember exactly but Canada would be losing something I know that much.

It's really to bad.

4. Good ol' US Government fucking with other free republics around the world.

Remember when Bush TOLD the (was it the mayor or president, cant remember) of Mexico that Mexico City COULDNT legalize a certain amount of bud, even though the PEOPLE voted for it? lol, democracy.

5. Were im from in canada i dont think it will be like amsterdam For ALONG time the consiquences are not as harsh as america .. i know when i got caught i got a warning and my stuff taken Pipe Weed Etc...

6. it might take another 50 years but one day i see a world were we can smoke freely and cancer free

7. Canada still has some serious herb laws but you can get out of any trouble easly. Im from toronto and it's nothing like amsterdamm you cant buy weed from stores. BUT when your in BC pretty much vancouver You can buy weed from shops underground. The buds in vancouver and all of canada are soo dank!! move to canada if you reallly love herb!!

8. Where would one go to find these underground shops you can buy from? Feel free to pm me if need be.