Legalization In California on the 2014 ballot

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by that420guy1000, Sep 13, 2013.

1. Wont work.  every dispensary around will vote against it.  

2. I see nothing in this that would cause any dispensary to vote against it. In fact if this satisfies the Federal government requirements then dispensaries would welcome it as it will stop Federal raids. My biggest question is the provision that says a business cannot fire someone that tests positive for canabis if they have a recommendation. The business community will fight hard against this.  

3.  Dealers do not want full blown legalization.  Because when something leaves the black market, it loses considerable value.

Sorry to say it, but dispensaries aren't here to help.  Remember the last legalization attempt?  Dispensaries and drug lords rallied against it.  They'll do the same.

4. My feelings are split on this. I do feel that things are changing. Dispensaries have an opportunity to truly become "legit" with Federal approval. To vote this down would mean continued harassment from the Feds. I agree the black market will fight it, growers wont want the reglatory requirements that will come along with it but in the end I think many will see this as an opportunity to "get on board" with states that are legalizing and making an honest business out of Mj.

5. I sure hope so.  This plant seriously needs to be legitimately injected into the economy, it just has too much value in so many ways..

6. Thanks for clarifying. I was wondering about that. I am no legal expert but after reading the proposed initiative felt it was not strongly written. I could be wrong after all look at the current legal MMJ law...

7. It's still in draft phase as far as I know, but I don't think there's any big money supporting it, so we'll see if they even go through with signature collecting.

8. No big money in Cali supporting it?   Surely you jest.

This draft looks way better than the one in 2010.  Dispensaries will still make way more money. Even if the price drives down. It shouldn't get that cheap. It will take a while for the prices to drop as well. dispensaries will make bank off this, imagine the amount of sales of the glass alone! headshops will love this! dispenseries will dig this . boost their sales and no tax on the medical shit.l 

10. Dispensaries are after all a business. Very few businesses I know of do not make money, no businesses I know of operate at a loss. (at least not for very long) A "non profit" hospital I used to work at was notorious as the most expensive in town... It's all about the Denero's.

11. I would recommend to the people of Cali to pass this. As much as growers and dispensaries will not like the regulation, it is far better then the alternative, which is going the way of MT and MI, where dispensaries are banned throughout the state and rights of patients are constantly stepped on by LEO. Same type of bill was written in Wa several years ago but was rejected and then soon after, federal raids, warning letters to shutdown, the city (Spokane, Wa) revoked business licenses and the state cracked down on dispensaries who were breaking even the smallest of state regulations. MMJ is a huge part of Cali and there is definitley a need to sort out the "bad seeds" that are ruining Cali's system and making it harder for patient access in other medical states.

12. This is just a draft, it's not on the ballot. I'd recommend changing the title.

13. Dispensaries here in Colorado voted for legalization.  Guess what happened?  They now have the option to serve both medically and recreationally.  It's a win/win situation for everyone.  Money stays in the hands of dispensaries, everyone's happy.

14. I just hope there isn't bs about driving high like in other states. If there is I won't even consider voting for it

15. #17 Mikeyak, Sep 16, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 16, 2013
    Here's an idea...don't drive impaired. The whole pot dui is so overblown. First, its against the law anywhere to drive with ANY amount of pot in your system so any changes to the law will actually make it slightly harder to get a DUI (you must have a level higher then .05 nanograms), fail a field sobriety test, go to the station and fail the blood draw which could be several hours after you were pulled over. This is being overblown by not only prohibitionists but by greedy leaders of the mmj to fight any legalization efforts. Bottom line is, use common sense, don't smoke a blunt or cheech and chong it down the neighborhood street in a hotboxed van and you'll be fine.

16. All this talk is confusing me, so, don't think I'm dumb, but I'm high as hell right now. And like, would you need a license to buy it recreationally, or could you just of in the dispensary and ask for "Buddha kush" and you got it, like alcohol

17. They only thing you will need to buy rec is a valid ID proving your 21+ just like alcohol

18. I know that the odds are that you'd never get burned for it. But I'm not going to vote for something that says its illegal for me to drive with a thc level in my system that I have not been below for years. That's BS and I'm not going to support it, even if I like other parts of the bill.