Legalization in Alaska?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by MyPetStone, Nov 2, 2004.

1. http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2004/pages/results/states/AK/

Yes, its Alaska, and yes, it probably will be shot down. But the fact that it was brought up in a US state for FULL LEGALIZATION gives me hope that one day, smokers and non smokers can peacefully co-exist without needless laws. There are also a few states (Oregon I remember off the top of my head) that have Key Issue votes for medical purpouses. Like I said, even though it will probably all be shot down, it still gives me hope.

2. Its a shame this same month that all this is going on, some irresposible kid didnt take responsibility for his own actions, rather placing them on the plant. Hopefully youve heard about the 16 yr old kid that murdered his stepmother, chopped her up, froze her remains and claimed not to remember the details of her death becuase he was stoned at the time. He said they fought over his chronic MJ use. I suppose this justifys her death, and his actions. :mad:
    I hope this jerk kid doesnt have an influence on anyone's fragile little mind. this is the kind of stuff that people have to grip onto, the far from the truth stuff.
    anyway on a lighter note, I think alaska needs MJ to be legal of all states...21 hours of DAYLIGHT during mid-summer!?

3. In 2002 Nevada also had a proposition on the ballot to legalize marijuana. It was voted down as well. It was half of a two-part proposition, meaning that if it passed in '02, it would go back on the ballot in '04. It didn't make it to 2004.