Legalization In Alaska

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by iseesmurfs420, Aug 20, 2004.

1. I was reading though the news and came across the article and video. They are shooting for complete legalization for every aspect of the cannabis culture. They want it to be treated like alcohol. For one I think they could do it. Here is the link to the article.
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,129495,00.html

2. thats fucking crazy.. But I guess sense alaska is independent sorta.. they can try.. but I doubt it will happen.. but if it does.. i know where i'll be moving to.. later on

3. i like the idea, but what the hell are they talking about with that drug addiction thing and all that shit being higher in alaska? you don't get addicted to pot, not physically, so anyone can beat it for a bit if they set their mind to it. addictions of the "hard drug" variety dropped when the dutch legalized it. apparntly, we can just learn from what other do...ever

4. Well since their entire state population is smaller then the city of Atlanta, theirs a good chance a majority would rather save money then jail the local stoners. I heard they have underground tunnels there. I wonder how hotboxed itll get on 4/20

5. The real question is, if it's legalized how long will it take to impliment? Just because the voters legalize it doesn't mean the law changes overnight. It could take weeks, months, or even years before the new laws are in place.

Also, will the federal government back off? As it stands now in Alaska you can smoke on your own property and the Alaskan police can't do anything, but the feds can still arrest you.

6. "Alaskans can currently possess small amounts of pot for use in their homes, and medical marijuana (search) is allowed."

News to me.