Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Legalization for medical use in Maryland?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Those 7strains, Sep 20, 2011.

1. Recently, marijuana was legalized in Maryland only for medical use. There are no dispensaries yet, but i'm sure there will be. How long do you guys think it will take for buds to be completely legalized, if you think they ever will?
    I personally think that tree will become decriminalized. Not legalized, just decriminalized.

2. So become an activist, and speed the day- either way! All I know is that things CAN'T go on like they are! It is just WRONG to deny the ill this wonderful, miraculous medicine! Click that first link in my sig to see why I call it "miraculous"! (My List makes a great source for shooting down the old myths!)

Granny

3. Unless people band together for complete legalization, no ground will be taken. Right now there are three factions: full legalization people, medical marijuana legalization people and folks who just smoke and aren't interested in being involved for the typical reasons ranging from too stoned to desiring privacy and anonymity.

These three factions have to pull -->together<-- and organize and face the music in force, and we should all be prepared to step up and help, otherwise schedule 1 is going to end every conversation and every attempt.

4. I would understand if they restricted some parts of marijuana like selling extremely large amounts or smoking in specific areas as that can potentially cause some problems. But everyone should be able to use it after the age of 18 just like we are allowed tobacco because every fact shows it is more addictive and dangerous than marijuana.
    and I agree with Space Captain^ We all need to come TOGETHER.

5. Is it fully legalized for medical purposes in md? I just read something in the washingtimes.com and it said that they were gonna work more on it through may of 2012 and then re-submit the bill that year..i mean this is def one thing i wouldnt mind being wrong on lol, but where did you hear it from?

6. this

and even so, omalley is a dbag and isnt looking like he'll go along when its all said and done

the MD house was in overwhelming favor of it, if i recall correctly

7. yea it passed in the house by a land slide but the plan was shot down by the state Department of Health and Mental Hygiene Secretary who said he still thought it needed a few years of research..but im just going by what i heard on my local news station and from the washington times.

8. #8 Wonka, Sep 28, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2011
    I'm a stage 4 cancer patient in maryland, and I've supported and kept tabs on the Maryland mmj status and news since 06. There's a panel of politicians and doctors and law enforcement experts hashing out laws, dispencaries, who could grow, cards, legal protection, ect right now. I know they failed to pass recently but only because the details wearn't fully done, they want to get it right unlike how CA(no offense Californians) is because they have far too many personal grow ops selling under the table.

Honestly I would say within 2 years medical mmj in Maryland is a serious possibility and very likely. Law enforcement is its biggest opposition though currently.

Right now you can have it, use it, and defend in court without fines, but usually only with a serious illness (cancer, HIV, the deadly ones not silly stuff like ADHD) with proper medical documentation and/or a doctors note. But yea, no co-ops or dispenseries yet? Come on Maryland.