Legalization and Activism

Discussion in 'General Forum Feedback' started by manateerl, Feb 18, 2009.

1. I think the Legalization and Activism section should be one of the first sections you happen upon. This way it is possible that more first timers and people who only click on the first few sections can see it and get involved!

2. No offense, but it was at the very bottom of the totem pole and was recently moved closer to the top. :p

Members getting other members involved is what it's going to take. I don't mean to be negative about it but I've been here for a while and have noticed that people are very quick to complain about the laws but want to take no action to change them...except to complain.

People tend to think that all of it is on the shoulders of lawmakers and it's not. It's the responsibility of the people to do something about it. Things have to be organized and planned but it's still up to us to at least get them to look up from their paper, take notice and do something about it.

Sorry about the rant...it was a good suggestion and the forum was moved up recently from the bottom and seems to have become a bit more active. Maybe the members can get some L&A Social Groups together so that they can have a bit more of an impact as groups...rather than just as individuals. :)

3. Yeah, I get what you're saying. I guess I'm just really new here haha. But yeah, I agree about the complaining and then doing nothing part, it's ridiculous. I've been making phone calls and sending emails to these representatives for a few days now trying to help get the bill passed in Washington, but they just keep basically telling me "convincing me won't convince everyone so you should just stop trying." I just feel like there's so much more I could be doing, but I can't think of anything I can do without a large group of people :( Anyway, thanks for your reply.

4. I'm working on a little something :)

-BW

5. It takes a group. We can all do something as individuals and should...but if we could do it as a group, it would be way better. For example, one email hitting a reps inbox is cool...10,000 is way better. Things just have to be organized and timed well.

We have a lot of members here. If we worked together, we might actually change the world. :D