Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Legality of traveling w/ Clean Glass

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Little Wing, Sep 9, 2007.

1. I have cleaned a bong out completely and am wondering if anyone knows the legality of travelling w/ a bong by air within the U.S. There is no resin on it whatsoever... Just a bong and a slide,,

2. In my state that would be completely legal as long as there is absolutely no detectable resin on the piece.

3. if its clean and doesent smell bring it with you on carry on so it doesent break. bongs are legal, weed isnt. and its not a weapon

4. By air I wouldn't do it. I guarantee you they wont let you take it, not because of paraphanellia but because it's glass.

5. yes you can take it, as long as it fits and shit.

And make sure its pakaged well, they will open it up and shit, but i have seen bags fall off the belt and fall all the way to the ground.

I would call the airport honestly, they can give you the best answer.

6. ok you need to go get those lil price tags, you know...the ones you see in small bussines's. They are usually orange, anyway, go get some of those. Get one and stick it on, and write the desired price on it. U were on vacation:cool:.........extra careful so they dont bullshit and try to confiscate it

7. Well, here's my story:
    I took a nice little glass pipe with me to Europe. Smoked a lot of hash with it. I cleaned it out REALLY good before returning; there was a thin ring of resin around the inside of the bowl that I couldn't clean, about as thin as a hair, virtually undetectable.

I wrapped it well with celophane so it wouldn't break. Well, customs wanted to make an example out of me. They unwrapped the pipe and 'tested' it by breaking it and swabbing the inside. Jerks. The agent claimed that it tested positive, but that they were going to 'let it go' and say that the 'sample' was destroyed durning testing. I had nothing on me. I got out easy, but without my pipe.

So you never know what is going to happen.

8. Why don't you just ship it to where you're going? Bubble wrap and ship UPS. Hotels hold packages for you. If that doesn't work, you could probably send it to a UPS Store or Kinko's, and call ahead and arrange a pickup.

Arguing the legality of a bong with Homeland Security doesn't sound like a fun airport experience...

...And I'm assuming it's a "one-way trip" for the bong, right?

9. those bastards

10. At least carry some pouch tobacco with you to justify the bong.

11. Don't bring it dude there's a good chance they won't let you take it on the plane and you will be fucked and you will regret it.

12. Thanks for the responces... I am thinking of taking advantage of the good old USPS... Seems like it will make my travels a bit more pleasant.

13. Thats what you should do - They can't break a pipe - They are tampering with evidence THOSE BASTARDS

14. I've heard of people holding their tubes in their lap on a plane ride.

Don't actually know how it would go down...but I know people have done it.

15. you'd either make a lot of friends or a lot of enemies on that flight

16. I would call the airport and ask about it first.... make sure you talk to someone in charge who knows what they're talking about. And yeah bringing some tobacco with it would help. Just make sure its absolutely spotless.

17. Best answer I've seen so far.

18. No, make sure it WAS spottless. Then smoke a single bowl of tobacco, if possible in the smoking area outside the airport. Keep some tobacco with the pipe and some on you.

19. This one's pretty damn good to, but if they see any kind of resin inside the piece, tobacco or not, they might claim it to be drug resin, break it and test it, jsut to be assholes.

20. hahahaha smoking a bong outside of the airport imagine how people would look at you