Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Legality and Future of Cannabis (please read full text)

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Jerd, Jun 26, 2010.

1. #1 Jerd, Jun 26, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2010
    As we all know, Medical Marijuana is in use in about 14 or so states. It seems that every few months there are Government Bills that are trying to get the medication legalized for patients who would like an alternative medicine. I've seen the hardships of using the mainstream medications. You know, Percocets and Vicadin for pain, Benzodiazepines and other Anti-Depressants and Anti-Anxiety medications. It was really a sad sight, but this does not say that they are bad. I believe that without these medications that modern doctors have created many people would be completely helpless. Cannabis Supporters really try to make Cannabis sound like the ultimate medicine and nothing can beat it. Well, in giving one who is inflicted with whatever ailment a quality life, yes it can't be beat. As well as some of the other medicinal properties that Marijuana holds. It truly is a powerful herb. But we all need to agree that many modern medications do a great job of helping people, I've seen that too. The Government knows that Marijuana is a great asset to one in need. This is why we are starting to see Marijuana, a once forbidden topic to talk about now a common talking point. We should not stop the push for not just medical legalization, but recreational legalization. Herb does not hold such harmful properties that alcohol does. Alcohol in my belief is the Anti-Christ to Marijuana in that it is a "soft" substance like Marijuana, but it is able to be on the market. But I am sure you get what I am saying. I really do hope that all the states pushing for medical legality get it passed, and in the future the states pushing for recreational use gets that passed. I hope to someday move to California to open up a Marijuana Bar, if it has to be for medical users then so be it if the recreational bill doesn't pass. Not just a bar, but a restaurant. Users can go and enjoy select strains of herb, eat great food, and have a superb time in an atmosphere that appeals to all. If this grabs your attention, you know what we need. Legalization. How long do you think it will take for it to become fully legalized in some states? And how do you think it will change America?

2. I agree with you but in the end it should be up to the person to decide which type of medication he/she takes whether its cannabis or pills

3. Oh definitely. I'm not saying let's push everyone to use Marijuana. But let's put the option out there because not everyone wants to become addicted to pain meds or become a zombie on those Anti-Depressants.

4. I don't think anyone is going to disagree with any of that here.

EDIT: and I love your idea of a restaurant. Like MJ in the food? Sounds like it would be wildly successful.

5. Yeah I have a plan to make it actually favorable amongst even the most skeptical because we all know that a lot of edibles aren't that great. And also have food that I know from experience to satisfy any case of munchies; as well as health food and such.