Legalisation in the UK?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by icedweed, Jan 5, 2018.

1. OK so I'm from the UK and I think it should be legalised and I think by this happening it would make it safer to use and get a hold of. I also think it would remove the whole drug and gang culture or at least make it more friendly.

The law is so far you have to have a licence and the only fee farms that grow it are for industrial hemp or for the seeds. I think the licence needs revamping and being made into 2 parts. A medicinal licence for people who want to grow it for consumption and an industrial licence for people who want to grow it for fibre and seeds maybe a 3 part licence for industrial medical grows you get the picture. And the licence should cost around £100 I think that is far and resonable and people who don't pay the licence go to prison and get raided. It should be that simple. I smoke weed to relax lol but it certainly isn't relaxing having to get it sometimes or having to do bongs because you can never make edibles to get high because you don't have loads of weed lol that's why it would be so much safer.

Sent from my SM-G900FD using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. I'm also from the UK i don't think weed will be legal for the next 10 years, the police don't really give a fuck about it where i live only if you're growling/selling, in most cases they let you off if say you're smoking a joint & don't have any weed on you

• Like Like x 1
  3. I know they don't give a fuck if your smoking it in public In most cases i just got back in and walked past like 10 people smoking it on the streets. And I live in a tiny town. I do it in private though and I think it should be illegal smoking it in public places just like getting drunk in public places.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Like Like x 1

4. Yeah i usually smoke before i go out the house, I've only been stopped once by police as i walked out a friends with a joint on, i just dashed it in a bush & they didn't find it where i live i know of 6 people dealing/growing

5. Ha ha yeah definitly dash it. I've never been stopped and searched but my friend said he got caught smoking a joint and he told the police if they take it off him he can just go and get more from round the corner ha ha I've had a few good grows

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. (FORGIVE MY SPELLING)

What is wrong with you all.....have you heard what your reason is for legalization. As iv there going to legalize it so you feel safer getting a bag! THERES A MUCH BIGGER PICTURE....its not something that should be legalized for your recreational uses its more important to legalize it for the medicinal benefits. For people who take copus amounts of pharmasutical meds with no results. When a lil bit of CBD would have major effects to there health... wether it be PTSD/ARTHIRYTUS/CERYBUL PAULSY........ETC ETC .....YOU PILLOCKS!!!!

Thats the #1 REASON WHY IT SHOULD BE LEGALIZED

#2 reason - TAX REVENUE SIMPLE. BECAUSE THAT IS THE ONLY THING THE GOVERNMENT WILL CONSIDER.... ££££££ THE MONEY MADE FROM CANNABIS SHOULD BE FLOODED INTO EDUCATION/NHS/LOCAL SERVICES AND MORE RESEARCH.

The way i see it is. When you go to your doctors they ask you are you a cannabis user.... you have your yes and no's....then It should be treated like car insurance. You have a medical card your covered. If not and you claim to be ill and found under the influence... your nhs help would be void and you have to pay for what ever services you recieve off your own back. OR if you dont have a growers card and are found cultivating. You can be arrested. Personal use or not.. they charge for the cards i.e medical card or growers card.... its just like getting your cscs or forklift license etc you pay for the course and card.. just another government scam to click more money from us. But we pay it everytime because we need it. And renew it EVERY FUCKING 5 OR SO YEARS!!

You regulate it.... its about time. 2 MANY CHILDREN/OAPS/SOLDIERS HAVE SUFFERED AND ARE STILL SUFFERING. When what they need is already out there and is natural..THE MIRACLE CURE

I could go on and on and on with the correct way to go about it. But im sick of typing lol.

• Like Like x 2
  7. CBD related products are actually completely legal in the UK and have been for a little while now.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Yes that's correct.

@DINGGIS
    Yeah you make a good point but I don't want to see the government make money off it like in the USA it's just all done wrong over there. People think the USA is doing everything the way forward when it comes to cannabis but it's merely a cunjered up pipe dream.

Our country should set the law so that it is legal now and we need to do it our own way.

Maybe just a simple licence scheme. If you want to use weed it'd your own decision. If you can't work because you smoked too much weed you will have no where to live. The law on weed now isn't strict it's just bitchy.

9. And yes there are lots of cbd related items on the market but no one wants to use that because there is no high it does nothing...

But also if it was legal there could be shops that sell thc juice but again that couldn't be in normal vape shops because it would get people that don't do it doing it. We don't want to be encouraging people to use it if it's legal we just want it legal and free

10. Free? As in free to smoke the herb, or you get a doctors note for some free pot?

11. It should be free as in to smoke as in legal. It should have anything to do with the doctors I don't think. More some sort of licence. And if the police see you smoking it on the street after it has been made legal they won't be allowed to say shot unless your being antisocial or look young.

12. That's only my opinion on how it should be though it's probably gonna be some bullshit if they did legalise it and we'd still carry on going to our dealers lol

13. I have to agree with you. I really do not have much knowledge on UK politics. Just seems like the UK are the most tight ass about it. Maybe the new king may change something? Not sure how it works lol sorry

14. I'd like to see the queen pass something on it. It's not no small matter for the priminster to deal with this is a large law that needs altering because it's set in our countries list of old laws.

15. In Britain itself, in 1928 in accordance with the 1925 International Opium Convention, the United Kingdom first prohibited cannabis as a drug, adding cannabis as an addendum to the Dangerous Drugs Act 1920

Just some shit I got off wiki on the laws

16. I've been following legislation since I started smoking weed for medical reasons that was 5 years ago..... when I was diagnosed with tumors in my liver from a bloody pill the NHS Gave me.....still waiting. There was a signature petition to legalize it that went to as far as the house of lords that got rejected. Now apparently some labour mps are actually voting regarding legalization it's taking to long and yeah with the fucked up government we have everything is just a long process in how they can create extra loopholes so the conglomerates win and not the little people. I'm sorry but the UK is the fucking worst. I was once patriotic about this fucked up country but. Nah. They'd rather have the nation doped up on opiates that are legal than loose out on revenue from legalization. Even for medical reasons they're not gunna legalise it for a while. Proven studies or no. They're not gunna do it for a long while. Even though 1 out of 3 people in the UK smoke weed. Uks the fucking worst for this. They're just gunna make cannabis users jump through many fucking holes for the medicine they need. That's why there's so many cancer patients and family of, growing weed getting involved. I know my aunt would be alive today if it was legal her cancer was treatable. Till it was too late.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Grasscity Forum mobile app

17. You're also from the UK?

18. Yes I mentioned the NHS LOL in the Midlands

Sent from my SM-G935F using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  19. I'd back medicinal legalisation straight away.
    I disagree with the gang culture becoming more friendly if it was out right legalised, the dealers selling cannabis would move onto class A's to turn a profit hence bringing more violence. This would have to be looked into I think before recreational became legalised.

In the meantime abide by morals and not laws.

• Like Like x 1