Legalisation; could it be a problem?

Discussion in 'General' started by bashbashing, Sep 17, 2008.

1. Alright, just by reading the title, most of you probably think im a narc, or someone working for the government.
    But no, I smoke my trees just like most the people here.
    My argument is, if marijuana becomes legal, dont you think the government will try to take advantage of it?
    just take a minute and think. It is a lose-lose situation. With the current laws (mainly speaking about American laws... I'm a 'lil further up north) people are getting thrown in jail for the possession of no more than a mear joint.
    It really isnt fun. But what if the laws were to suddenly change overnight?
    Take tobbacco for an example, it is grown and regualted, then additives are added. I belive that if marijuana became legal, theyed do the same. It would be government regulated, and sold in packs. Problem is, theyed be taxed, meaning the government makes their cut off it (not to say they dont already.) The ammount of THC in each prerolled, packaged joint would be a fraction of what you could get now, meaning that one legal joint wont get you nearly as high as the good old fashioned trees do. Oh wait, lets not forget the additives. Theyed have to get you hooked somehow, so why not add addictive chemicals? make more money off the people.
    To be honest, I have never been arrested for possession or trafficing, but i can still always, no matter what, get my herb, and nothing is stopping me from smoking. Shoot back.
    Light up!
    -Bash

2. if you mean legalization...

you type like you have a lisp.

3. they would not have additives (guaranteed) and the potency would most stay the same or get better.

4. Marijuana is popular enough in it's current form that there will be a market for pure, well-grown bud if it's ever legalized.

Or you could grow your own.

5. What he said, most people could easily grow outdoors with the rest of their garden. Since a cannabis plant acts much like a tomato plant, it is easy to manage.

All someone needs is seeds, dirt, nutes, water, sunshine, and lots of loving care.

6. I gotta think...
    :bongin:

7. They'd sell joints UK style baby

8. Heh heh, i guess we would all just have to wait and see... IF it were to ever become legal.
    But the Canadian laws are not NEARLY as bad as down in the states. Currently, I am at peace with the laws.
    Hmm... are you sure? The authorities dont like people being doped up (in most cases.) They have enough troubles with public drunkenness. (for the record, i hate comparing dope smokers to alcoholics). They would have to keep the potency down, just so there's be a more productive, clear minded scociety. If it were to become legal, it would be... well, somewhat easier to obtain, givin that it would most likeley be sold at corner/grocery stores, gas stations, and who knows, if were lucky enough, even vending machines.
    I am all for legalization, do not get me wrong, but i'll refuse to buy government grade marijuana. I'll stick with my natural buds.
    -Bash

9. hahahahah.
    but seriously.

I understand your worry, and i agree the additives in ciggs make no sense. That American Spirit "additive-free" is a popular brand because of the "health" they promote.

I think mj is completely new ground. The market will speak, and the companies that deliver weed as we know it, will flourish, and those who dont will die. and too many people will just refuse to smoke weed that isnt what they knew it as. I mean cigarettes were HUGELY popular 50 years ago. Now there are less and less smokers, and significantly less legal places to smoke. I think cigarettes is something, in the case of legaliZation, that "mj companies" will be able to learn from and prevent. my $.02