Legal ?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by That Nice Guy, Dec 7, 2011.

1. Idk where to post this so please dont comment nd bitch that i put this in the rong thing to post bout but anyway....

So i live in rhode island and for the people who get confused with long island, rhode island is the small state lol but anyway i guess iv herd rumors about RI being the first state to have pot actually legal. Downside its going to be taxed, and you must be 21 yrs or older to buy nd have. Anybody know anything bout this ?

2. Google it.

I doubt it.

3. Google.

4. damn, if something like that happened, that would be crazy (in a good way haha)

5. ya that would be sick. Especially since I live in RI now.

6. Complete legalization of cannabis would NOT be a good thing. Cannabis would become so corporate with all the big company's sprouting up farms and production sites. Growers and such wouldn't stand a chance medical cannabis is a far better avenue.

7. [quote name='"Thegivingtree"']Complete legalization of cannabis would NOT be a good thing. Cannabis would become so corporate with all the big company's sprouting up farms and production sites. Growers and such wouldn't stand a chance medical cannabis is a far better avenue.[/quote]

Totally agree with you there i was just asking in the post if any1 herd bout this too lol but medical way would b so much better so many ppl benefit from medical so its work

8. As if growers stand a chance against the Criminal Justice system as it is.

You are just another selfish, soulless excuse for a human being who believes the loss of other peoples lives and liberties is justified so long as your bottom line isn't affected. You should run for office.

http://forum.grasscity.com/legaliza...hould-legalized-open-public.html#post12968695

9. [quote name='"NefariousBredd"']

As if growers stand a chance against the Criminal Justice system as it is.

You are just another selfish, soulless excuse for a human being who believes the loss of other peoples lives and liberties is justified so long as your bottom line isn't affected. You should run for office.

http://forum.grasscity.com/legalization-activism/951975-i-personally-dont-think-should-legalized-open-public.html#post12968695[/quote]

Couldn't have said it better myself. I am a perfectly healthy individual, and I wouldn't ever qualify for medical marijuana. Why should you be able to toke and not myself, just because I don't have an eating disorder or some random issue.

Medical marijuana can suck my balls. Full legalization is the only way. Freedom.

10. Wrong.
    It was Oregon.

And when you cant find a place to put your thread, put it in "General"
    It also usually has the most people, so you get quicker responses:)

11. Go check out my thread on legalizing read some of those guys thoughts.
    Very enlightening.

12. HEY! Ok yeah, ^that^ is the post i was talking about.

But the name calling wasn't necessary, maybe he's just needs some more opinions on that topic, as i did, before he can fully be deemed "selfish" or "souless excuse for a human being" that one imparticularly was WAY uncalled for..

13. I completely disagree. Making alcohol legal made it awesome compared to prohibition. my buddy makes beer at his house and my aunt makes wine at hers. the same way i would grow my own. how is that not a good thing??

14. Grow your own, problem solved

15. Dude medical dispensaries/growers would exist and operate separately from commercial entities, and have different licenses obtained through health care providers, so if you have an exemption then you will be fine, also growing your own would be a choice if it was legalized? The only thing that would be illegal would be to sell and distribute marijuana without proper licensing, like how you can grow your own tobacco or make your own beer/wine but you cant sell it. So for those people who dont have the time or ability to grow there own or know anyone who grows/deals they can still obtain it, obviously there would need to be strict regulation to ensure quality and there would be competing companies, there would be cheap shcwag type weed and there would be triple a too. There would be chem grown weed and there would be organic certified marijuana (Clean Green being the current organic medical marijuana certification program)

16. Grow? I smoke cigarettes... I could grow my own tobacco but I don't. I could make my own beer or wine but I don't. Legalize weed so I can buy a carton of pre rolled dank at the market.

17. #19 420stonedpanda, Dec 9, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2011
    I really don't understand this argument, real enjoyers of Cannabis would grow it themselves...Problem solved. I wouldn't want to pay 'street prices' for something I can grow for 10£ in my closet when it's legal, purely out of laziness...

I don't see a single problem with complete legalisation, you wanna keep it illegal for us recreational user? Then we're still going to be either giving money to criminals or exploiting the medical system (which'll probably negatively affect how genuine medical users are perceived and their Cannabis 'infrastructure (dunno what word to use haha...))

EDIT:Just realised someone else basically said this...my bad, and it's pretty off topic...

18. A good option would be to provide small scale distribution licenses to farmers so that they could provide cheap, affordable, quality smoke at local farmers markets? That way it cuts out the middle man and will keep the quality higher and provide a new form of income for farmers. Or they could even possibly start farming hemp since its the only naturally occuring, renewable, sustainable material in the world that has as many uses as it does, ranging from dynamite to cellophane.