Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Legal to Video a Cop Encounter?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by daTrueSasquatch, Aug 1, 2011.

1. There's plenty of videos of people filming cops, how in the hell are all you guys okay with the fact that they are making it illegal? If there is no evidence cops can do whatever they want, which is what they are trying to do, and people are just goig alog with it. This is outrageous, like wiretapping, it's fine to do in public areas where people cant expect privacy, this is the same idea. This is incredibly scary, how much leeway we give cops.

2. A felony?

Wow, that is nonsense. Holy shit. Imagine getting told you were facing a felony for video taping an officer when he was pulling you over and treating you like dirt.

3. If your gonna give me a felony for making sure my rights are protected then this is not the America that our Ancestors wanted.

4. No, like its a case-by-case, like someone who video tapes a arrest or a criminal investigation is in bad shape, and technically the cop can confiscate your camera.

its a state not a federal felony though.

Edit: In my story, the 11 year old who video taped another child with a police officer pointing a gun to his head, was not charged.

5. I guy was faced with 6 years for recording an arrest.

6. #26 BuffalosoldieRx, Aug 1, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2011
    This part is what was most disturbing to me.

Couldn't have said it any better.

7. of course its not, and it hasn't been for a long time, and unless ppl start waking up and seeing the system for the fucked up mess it is then the police, government, etc are gonna keep stripping us of rights...(the little we have remaining, anyway)