Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Legal to smoke in public? (California)

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by purple4, May 17, 2009.

1. I was under the impression that you were leaving :confused:

2. #82 WildWill, May 18, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2009
    You'll wanna delete your membership to Yahooka too, apparently I'm pretty well respected there too - I've even been thanked more than 6x more than you have! And I've been a member less time there too.

Maybe it IS you?

He won't leave, he loves the attention.

Oh and look, I know how to edit my previous posts so as to not double post and pump up my post count (not that it needs it mind you)

3. Contro-versatile narssi-tastic.

4. someone lock this already!

5. OMG - he actually got the mods to delete all his posts and ban him. At least enough people quoted him so we won't forget his nonsense.

6. Ok, back on topic.

I live in Arcadia, just east of Pasadena, and, according to the Arcadia PD, they will arrest and/or fine you for possession of MJ even if you have a medical license. I had no idea that certain municipalities can over ride state laws, but apparently, they can.

7. Actually, no they can't. The cities of San Diego and San Bernadino have repeatedly sued the state claiming that they don't have to enforce state laws that are countered by federal laws, and they have lost each time. Legally the city doesn't have a leg to stand on actually, and it will just take a test case to nullify that lame-arse judgement.

8. So if one is arrested and/or fined in the city of Arcadia for possession even though they have a med card, they would then have to sue the city of Arcadia?
    And if that's the case, what a pain in the ass that would be.

9. No, they don't have to sue, but they would have to go to court to get their case tossed and their meds back.

10. Still a pain the ass. I'd rather just play along with their silly game, be discreet and avoid all the BS.

11. That's the pragmatic way to approach it.

12. Yeah, thank god. I read probably all but 1 of his posts through quotes, so I have a good idea of what he was talking about. He's an egotistical narcissistic misanthrope. It's not really his fault, just the way he is. And everything you and OSG said is 100% true.

13. Always the best course of action to be honest. Discretion is the better part of valour after all. Let's face it, only a complete and utter ass would wantonly flaunt MMJ use in public anyway. I'd rather not medicate in public at all, saves me from having to answer those lame ass questions:

"Wow man, are you smoking pot?"

"Yes, I'm a legal medical marijuana patient"

"Cool man, can I have some?"

"Are you a legal patient?"

"Uh, no"

"Then, no I can't offer you any as that would be illegal diversion of my meds, and I follow the laws to keep access safe for all patients."

"You're a dick"

"Sorry you feel that way. If you have a qualifying condition, you too can get a recommendation, just go to Americans for Safe Acccess' website, they'll tell you everything you need to know."

"You're still a dick."

This conversation hasnt' actually happened, because I don't smoke in public! Go figure.

Though, I will admit that I've gone into the smoking areas at Disneyland and medicated once or twice. Discreetly and away from the tobacco smokers at that.

14. #94 rvcasrfr, May 19, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2009
    Wow... I just got my medical marijuana card for General Anxiety Disorder and came across this thread while searching on Google for if it's legal for me to medicate (smoke) in public. And my god some of you, particularly WildWill, are beyond uptight.

What in the HELL is wrong with wondering if it's legal to smoke our medicine in public? Which, by the way, it IS legal in the state of California to smoke medical marijuana anywhere (barring a few exceptions.. schools, youth centers, etc.) smoking cigarrettes is allowed. So WHAT if you think it's rude (give me a break)? So WHAT if you are too scared to do it? So WHAT if you think its 'inconsiderate'? We aren't asking what your opinion on the law is, we're asking if we're legally ALLOWED to do it. Which we ARE.

I don't get why the hell you people jumped all over this kid, looking down on him from your ivory tower, when he's asking a perfectly reasonable question, about something that he actually IS legally entitled to do (providing he really is a MM patient). And yes, I look forward to legally puffing up in public. I'm not some stoner asshole that's going to blaze a fat blunt next to a 12 year old... But if I'm trying to enjoy a nice day at the park with my girlfriend and my anxiety starts to kick in... It's going to be nice to know that I live in a state that recognizes marijuana as a suitable treatment for my condition, and I will not be thrown in jail for medicating. Isn't that what the whole medical marijuana movement is for anyway? That we stop discriminating against marijuana and start accepting it as the medicine that it is. And you people are all uptight here blowing this out of proportion. "Stay away from me and my daughter." How about YOU stay away from ME when I am treating my illness in a fashion that I am LEGALLY ENTITLED to. In the SAME way that you wouldn't sit your daughter down next to a cigarette smoker. Again, I'm not that asshole that's going to light up next to you and your daughter... But I'm also not going to throw you a pity party when you decide to bitch and moan about some guy that sat down and started smoking next to you. That's life, quit your whining and move along.

You people are something. Telling this guy he shouldn't be able to enjoy his medicine in an outdoor setting because YOU think it's rude. Which again, peacefully enjoying my medicine at least 10-20 feet from other individuals? Rude? I feel like smacking some of you.

And why did I single out this WildWill character?

Lol. Man you are something else. Go figure? Man, here is what I figure... I think, despite the pretty scary possibility of someone calling me a dick, that I will medicate in public when appropriate and needed... and when that absolutely DREADFUL situation arises of someone calling me a dick (!!!! OMG!!!) ... I will laugh it off and ask him politely to move along. Clearly the benefits of enjoying marijuana in a setting other than in your own home is NOT worth the remote possibility of being confronted by some stoner that's going to think you're a *GASP* DICK!! Lol...

But more importantly... only an ass would smoke MM in public? What the hell is wrong with you? I use it as a medicine that is a great help to my anxiety, and I am an ass for doing something I'm legally entitled to do? Even if I was flagrant about it, what the HELL is it to you?! I'm not some crack addict, I'm not doing anything illegal, I am legally medicating myself for a diagnosed illness. So even if I am smoking an eighth blunt to my face in the middle of a park, blowing O's, and playing some music (with my prescription and diagnosis this should be no different than someone smoking a cigarette)... How in the world does that give you the right to call me an ass? Hell, how the hell does that MAKE me an ass? You remind me of one of those guys that is consistently worrying and judging what other people are doing, even if it has absolutely not effect on you.

But you keep doing what you do man, and I'll the same. I just hope that one day you take that stick out of you know where.

Peace,

Rob

15. Theres no need to attack someones mental health because of posts they make on the internet, you have no idea who the person is. You guys have never even met this guy and you're listing off his mental disorders. We're all stoners, why not just keep it civil and chill on the personal shit, trying to belittle someone because you don't like them is childish.
    sorry but it just seems like the city has been filled with lots of bad vibes and hate lately

16. #96 WildWill, May 19, 2009

WHAT THE HELL DUDE? Wow, I love having people put words into my mouth that I didn't say - unless...wait, your name isn't Craig Canada is it?

Your post is so far off base it isn't even funny - I just re-read the entire thread, and I don't see HALF of what you're claiming that I"m saying.

BTW - Smoking ANYTHING in a public park is illegal, smoking MMJ in a public park is also illegal.

17. I specifically quoted you on what I claimed you said. My entire post was not directed towards YOU. How you interpreted it that way.. I'm not sure.

Rob

18. #98 lwien, May 19, 2009
    rvcasrfr, personally, I could give a fuck what in the hell you do, but rest assured, YOU will be in for a very rude awakening with your "in your face" attitude regarding medicating in public.

Here's the situation. There are certain municipalities in California that still believe that Federal Law trumps State laws, and therefore, gives them the right to arrest you for MJ possession. I'm not even talking about smoking in public. I'm talking about simple possession. Now unless you do a whole bunch of research, you won't know what municipalities we're talking about here. Now of course, they don't have a legal leg to stand on, but if you happen to be in one of these cities who feel that they have the right to arrest you for possession, and YOU with your "fuck you, I'm gonna smoke because I have a legal right to do so", in your face attitude, ya know what's gonna happen, like in a place like Arcadia where I live? They will bust your ass, and then you'll have to go to court to win your case. And if you come off to the cop that is arresting you with the same 'tude as you did here, it's not gonna be a pretty picture.

So let me ask you. Is it fucking worth it, just to prove a fucking point?

This whole legal MJ medication issue is in it's infancy, and there's a lot of shit that needs to get worked out before things settle down. You wanna test the system? Be my guest. But for me, I'll play it softly until things lighten up while I watch your ass being hauled off to the clinker, which I have no doubt will happen in certain cities in Cali for awhile, ESPECIALLY if you come off to the cop with the same chip on your shoulder as you came in here with.

• Like Like x 1
  19. #99 WildWill, May 19, 2009
    Gosh, I dunno, you call me out in your first paragraph and in the last paragraph as well, hard not to see your post as nothing but a hatchet job. We'll see what the mods say.

20. mods say: VROOOoooooOOOM

In my younger dumber days...I've know to smoke pot like it was legal. Smoke a joint on my block or hot box a car at the mall. I know better now. I also had a problem with talking about pot alot around public places, I think I assumed that the world magically legalized pot once I started smoking.