Legal question please help!!!! Please!!!!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by DopestDope13, Feb 19, 2013.

1. Not sure where to post this but my landlord found out about my grow and wants to evict me:mad:. I'm a medical patient in California and I can't find any good info on this matter any help on this is much needed and greatly appreciated

2. I believe you may have a case depending on what your lease states (or does not state)

Tenants can challenge the eviction by stating its discriminatory.

Question is, is it worth the legal trouble?

If I were you I would move out and move on. Sorry to hear it happened, yeah it sucks but I believe it's not worth fighting.

As far as I know there is nothing about renter's rights in California's MMJ laws. As of now no such provisions exist in California. (We need to do something about that!)

But lawyers, court, possible media attention, time and energy spent into the matter, is it worth it? Not for me.

Hope this helped..

Wish u the best of luck.

-BabieblazeD

PS heres a link I discovered, hope it helps http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2011/mar/09/medical-marijuana-what-are-renters-rights/

3. Thanks you so much it's not worth taking to court your right but the discrimination is worth bringing up to the landlord at least buy me a little time. Sucks I just got everything set up the way I want and now I gotta pack up and leave. Bet if I had a prescription for oxycontin it wouldn't be a big deal, or brewing beer, but not weed...anything but that... Fuckin hypocrits

Free the plant!!!!

4. My advice is...don't seek legal advice from a stoner forum. There are some online legal services where you could get an actual legal opinion, appropriate for your state, for a few bucks. Legalzoom dot com is just one example.

5. I couldn't find any solid information so I was just asking on here in hopes that someone with experience in this subject would help me to get an idea of what I can do. Figured who better to ask than people that grow. Thanks for the Site reference