Legal Northern California 20' x 20' garage grow

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by hafcasual, Mar 18, 2012.

1. Hi All!

I live in Sacramento county in California. I have a 20 foot x 20 foot garage which I'm going to convert into a grow room. Quality isn't as important to me as quantity. My goal is to have a lot of poundage come harvest time.

A couple questions. What would be my ideal set up to have to obtain the most weight come harvest time.

With money being unlimited what set-up should I do?

Example: 6 plants or 48?

Can I grow more than 6? If so what do I need to do to be legal. Is there a limit in the law or in my space?

Can I fit 99 plants in my space? does that make sense to do?

Again my goal is to have the most optimum setup which gives me the most poundage in my 400 sq ft area.

Thanks all :)

2. I'm not familiar with the legality bit in norcal. But if your legal you'd think you would know this???

As for pounds if your stuff is shit you will not make any money. So a piece of advice strive for quality. Don't add to the cycle of spreading shitty moldy uncured pot just to male a quick buck.

Ok first off does your garage have the service to run alot of hid lights?
    Your going to need about 10 of them. or at least 5 and some movers.
    Plumbing and drains in the garage will make life alot easier.
    Garage insulated to keep at right temps? Have a thermometer in there now to see what's what as a baseline
    Hydro may yield more. but isn't what I'd recommend for a beginner.
    Number of plants? Don't forget you still need to navigate around in there so don't get silly. And unless they are really tiny they will end up blocking light to others.
    Consider not flowering everything at once and do waves like 3 or 4. By the time the last ones finish of the 4th wave you have a dumptruck full of pot. And if they are in different stages of growth you can arrange them in a stadium type of effect.
    Maximizing side lighting.
    And you better get your ass 100'seeds. Have you seen the price of seeds? You gonna spend 1000 bucks on seeds ?
    I seriously think April 1st is over ambitious to set up a farm.
    And dialed in.

3. You can only do six per script In sac county. U can only have 3 scripts per property in ca. Most people don't follow these rules though so mean u can do what u want. I have two 5x5 closets with a 1000 watt in each tent an 6 plants each In 5 gallon buckets. I go for size more than number. I tried smaller pots with more plants but my yields were not as high an the nugs were way smaller. I do soil it's a little easier than hydro. If u do hydro u can get a faster turn around. But if you newer to growing an can be a little tuff. Mess one thing up
    An u could lose a whole crop. Mess up in soil an u lose one plant.

4. trust me i can break you down real quick( i always smirk when peeps say money is no option! but what ev)

DTW coco or chow( thats hydroton and coco)

depending on strain your going to want to run 5 to 16 plants per 1k with a 20x20 space your going to want 10 k or so, and each light is going to put off i think about 1400btu of heat so, you will need ac. mini splits will be your best choice. your going to want to seal and insulate the whole room and run co2, which will generate more heat and water vapor so, youll need dehumidifiers which will generate more heat.

this is all assuming you really want to max out production. you will also really , really want to be good on your strain selection. that is the absolute most important thing.

if your going to try and do legal limits youll want to look into doing vertical lighting and very large plants/tree's.

simply put if done right you can get 1-2 .lbs per 1k so at 10k 10 to 20 .lbs per cycle

5. If you have a legal recommendation, dont be a douchebag and grow more than your allowed. It sounds as though you want to do this for money, not personal consumption.

If your going to grow a # of plants thats more than what your legally allowed to do, why did you even go get it in the first place? It's your type of people who give MEDICINAL marijuana a bad rap. People getting cards, to grow for profit.

Pathetic.

6. tent growers should let the big growers grow.

7. [quote name='"deep buddy"']tent growers should let the big growers grow.[/quote]

Cuz this is a noob that is goin to get busted an be like but I am mmj patient is this not legal even though I have 99 plants. It makes us real mmj users look bad

8. Pound of shwag is gunna sell for 1/4 of a pound a dank easy.

Grow dank. You'll be WAY happier.

9. Its people like you that ruin it for people like me that actually need the meds I hope you get busted I hope the DEA comes in and just buttrapes you right in the middle of your illegal growop with no lube. And I hope it happens one day before harvest to.

10. news flash if you live in the United States of America ALL! i repeat ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL cultivation is illegal. PERIOD! MMJ,MMD is a new FAD. cultivating this plant is thousands of years history in the making. this is a WAR of OPINIONS.

that said if your going to possibly risk your freedom(growing cannabis in the USA) you might want to make it worth it.

oh and all you med patients who think your doing something good for the politics in this country. your retarded you have no rights(as if you ever really did in the first place) and realize sick people(real patients) dont change anything you are viewed as a burden on society and are being given the chance to suck the governments dick for your "rights" now thats gangster! make people think they really want to give up their freedom! GENIUS!

k Ftards lets hear it

11. With QUALITY, comes quantity.... get your priorities straight first.... growing mary jane in any form is not a get rich quick scheme, it takes work, even outdoor mexi-schwagg takes some effort.

12. Hey,
    Deep Buddy.
    Good thing you can compose a logical statement. (Insert sarcasm here)

13. [quote name='"deep buddy"']

news flash if you live in the United States of America ALL! i repeat ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL cultivation is illegal. PERIOD! MMJ,MMD is a new FAD. cultivating this plant is thousands of years history in the making. this is a WAR of OPINIONS.

that said if your going to possibly risk your freedom(growing cannabis in the USA) you might want to make it worth it.

oh and all you med patients who think your doing something good for the politics in this country. your retarded you have no rights(as if you ever really did in the first place) and realize sick people(real patients) dont change anything you are viewed as a burden on society and are being given the chance to suck the governments dick for your "rights" now thats gangster! make people think they really want to give up their freedom! GENIUS!

k Ftards lets hear it[/quote]

Yep your right. But then my local sheriff comes out an looks at my 12 plants an says those look nice an make sure I am in compliance with city code an then leaves me alone the rest of the year. So I have no problem with that. I am pretty sure the Feds are watching the guys down the road with 150 plants. I am sorry u are not aloud to grow like the rest of us in legal states.

14. sheriff or anyone with a gun strapped to their waist comes anywhere near my house better be waving a big ass white flag ... or else they will get one response . i know alot more people who thought they were legit than people who are. and what do you think your sheriff is going to do for you? who is he going to listen to ? ohh and i am in legal states and i am a card holder so what? what evs yall worry bout politics im talking more of supply and demand. anyways in my first response i clearly gave a viable option for staying within legal limits.