Legal med grow room starting september!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Arnold420, Aug 9, 2008.

1. This may have been covered somewhere else on your thread, but I didn't feel like reading all of it:p

It's kind of hard to tell by the pictures you posted... But this is about the ducting for your lights... I can't really tell how you have it setup, but it looks like you have them all venting separately.... There also looks to be quite a few bends in the ducting, this will reduce the efficiency of your fans

I think you'd get better performance if you set up your light hoods like so... Just in case this picture only makes sense in my head, your lighting ducts should be almost directly connected to each other with as little duct as possible between them.

Attached Files:

2. Thanks for the advice. I originally wanted to vent my lights the way that you said, i knew it would work better that way. When i tried it wasnt working because of the limited space and the ac being in the window witch is kinda in the path of the lights(had to work with what i had). They are not individually vented there just not straight in a row, instead i had to have them side by side. I have a 750cfm can fan running to the first one, then that light is looped with duct to the next light witch is looped to the last light then outside. Again, i do know that it would work better the way that you said, however i did test it out with the back of my hand and the fan is strong enough so that i can pretty much put my hand right up to the glass on my light and its not hot(should be able to just about touch the plants with my light):hello:
    Thanks again your advice wise/appreciated

3. Flower room finished just need to fill my co2 tanks. Veg room should be ready this weekend. Think i might start germination

4. Ah, well at least you tried it that way, that's what really matters... And I'm sure you already know this... But the main thing is that you eliminate as many bends in the ducting as you can... Even though I can really imagine what you said... It sounds like you've done this as much as you can

So did you ever figure out how to make those automatic dosers work with advanced nutrients?

5. #65 Arnold420, Sep 19, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2008
    Since i want to start soon, i think to make things easier on myself i might just use it for my sensi 2 part and also to adjust my ph automatically. I figure every week im going to change my res anyway so ill just put whatever additives for that week first like you said than just set the desired ppm on the intellidose and let it reach that with the sensi 2 part. Maybe ill even add some additives if i ever add water to top off res as well. I will play with the demo mode on my laptop in the mean time til i get the ratios mastered then i will get two more nutrient tanks/fittings and program it and let it do all my work.
    (i only have 6 nutrient stock tanks and i need 3 for veg and 5 for flowering)

6. Ya, that sounds a lot more simple than my solution... But maybe once you get more comfortable with using the intellidose you'll be able to figure out something less comlpicated than my odd ball solution :p

7. I figure since im new to this i should mess around a little at first to see what feeding works best for my conditions before i set any program in stone.

It sounds like you know your shit so i always take your thoughts in to consideration.
    Think ill start a journal this weekend hope you stay tuned i sure could use some assistance for it will be my first REAL grow

8. Hey maybe you can answer this,
    How often should i flood in Veg?
    How often should i food in flowering?
    Should i still flood while the lights are off(dark hours)

9. #69 basementhydro, Sep 21, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2008
    3-4 times a day, veg or flower, seems to be what works for most systems. It's dictated mainly by your environment, media, and so on (basically how quickly the water from each flood cycle evaporates).

You want it to just dry out between floods. So if your media dries quickly you might need to flood every hour, and if it holds a lot of water you might need to flood only once or twice a day. You can run that test with plain water to see how it goes for you. The humidity of your grow room plays a big role in that, which the plants will change a little, but it's a good starting point. Let the system run a few cycles and then start dialing it up or down as needed. Make sure you run everything, lights, ventilation, and all. It'll all impact how frequently you need to flood.

It's a good idea to do this sort of thing anyway so you can watch for temperature, humidity, and other problems.

Oh, and flooding at night is generally considered to be unnecessary, but it won't hurt anything as long as you don't let things get too soggy.

10. i can answer that lol what lights are you gonna have in each area?

Remember roots need air and the less water , the bigger youll roots will get looking for the water when its not there. Eb & Flow is big water for a veg tray. I always recommend drip system but you can do it with eb and flow. just make sure not to water seedlings like 3 - 4 times a day since youll be drowning them. They are small and it all depends on the medium.

example: Rockwool holds water for a while and doesnt need to be watered 4 times a day. other mediums might. so it depends how hot your lights will get and how you want your plants to grow.

11. Veg room complete.

Attached Files:

12. few more.

Attached Files:

13. wow i really need to read your setup again. how many ballasts do you have? 4? lol holy crap you really arent playing lol

14. Here's both rooms. All i need is doors, intellidose systems and some shelves for nutrient stock tanks and ph down tank.

Attached Files:

15. that is one of the best setups ive seen in a while. nice work bro and now i see why it took you so long to get going.

16. yup 4. 1000w mh for veg, 2x 600w hps and 1x 600w mh for flower

17. thats a hell of a setup. Im getting an extra 1000 hps for a second flowering tray but your setup is much better. I cant wait to see what you kick out of this hard work you just made.

Congrats and rep coming!

18. Cant wait to see all this in action!

19. Starting this week!