Legal marijuana in Oregon

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by mrfett3463, Nov 5, 2014.

1. Well it's looking like I am about to live in a legal state :bongin: The laws are pretty good too.

2. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:yay: :yay: :yay: :yay:

As of the last update...

\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\tYes \t\t\t\t\t\t\t493,513\t\t\t\t\t\t\t54%\t\t\t\t\t\t\t(X)\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\tNo \t\t\t\t\t\t\t421,895\t\t\t\t\t\t\t46%\t\t

3. Congrats!  I'll smoke to that.

4. Woo hoo!!! Way to go Oregon!! I have a friend that lives on the Oregon coast I will have to call her and she what she says.

5. #5 mrfett3463, Nov 5, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 6, 2014
    Kicks in July 1st 2015 and every household can have 4 plants :bongin:

6. so its legal to possess but won't be sold in stores until July?

I'm excited! Although right now I smoke my vape pen in downtown portland like it's already legal

7. Flashback to 1986 I was handing out copies of "The Emperor Wears No Clothes" for the Oregon Marijuana Initiative. 28 years later we have success. There is hope for all! Don't give up the good fight!

8.  If approved by the voters, the initiative would go into effect on December 3, 2014, at which point adults who are 21 and older could possess, cultivate, and use marijuana legally under state law. By January 1, 2016, the liquor commission must have adopted rules and regulations necessary to implement the Control, Regulation, and Taxation of Marijuana and Industrial Hemp Act and must have finalized all necessary forms and applications as well. Three days later, the commission is required to begin accepting applications for marijuana business licenses. The commission may not unreasonably delay the processing of those applications.

9. Awesome this will mean even more states are gonna legalize, just momentum now

10. This is bad info and I am sorry for posting it. "The measure, which will not take effect until July 1, 2015" http://www.oregonlive.com/politics/index.ssf/2014/11/recreational_marijuana_passes.html and http://voteyeson91.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/053text.pdf

Section 84: This act becomes effective 30 days after the day on which it is approved by a majority of the votes cast on it.

So in other words we can use, grow and possess after December 4th. It's retail sales that wont kick in until next year.