'Legal' Alternatives

Discussion in 'General' started by High_Hatter, Oct 31, 2006.

1. We all know how the US government loves grabbing and crinimalizing every mind-altering substance that comes its way... not counting the 'safe' pharmacy-made experimental drugs you see on tv that are 'good' for depression or whatever other shit...

But anyway, there are still a handful of really trippin substances that haven't been swallowed by the law yet. Off the top of my head are DXM and Salvia Divinorum.

I wanted to ask if anyone knows of any other technically 'legal' (not explicitly banned) drugs like that in the USA? Something I'd really like to know. ;)

2. morning glory, i dunno theres tons i always just browse erowid.com and youll find lots of stuff its kind of cool. but also, many of the still legal substances are still legal because they arent popular because the trips or highs really arent as nice

3. Yeah, Erowid.com is really cool like that, only I don't think they have a nice simple list of legal substances. I'm a lazy ass, so I'm asking for people to list as much as they recall or find themselves, but I guess I better browse through it some more myself.

And yeah, that's true about legal substances being not-as-good as the bud itself. :smoking:

Hmm, morning glory? I better check that out..

4. Absinthe. I think the drink itself is illegal (here) but all the ingredients are pretty easy to get.
    Caffiene is pretty powerful stuff too. Love those energy drinks or a nice cup of tea.

5. To be honest, sugar hits me pretty hard too, acts like a mini-high of sorts.. but it's not technically a drug, is it? :p

6. Caffiene. energy drinks, and sugar all do not affect me for some reason. It's really curious because they do everyone else, but I am never stimulated by any of them. Amanita Muscaria is a legal alternative or something, but it gives delerium.

7. why not just smoke bud?

I've heard that the legal buds don't do shit and are just designed to taste like it. That's only what i've heard though. I;ve never actually tried them.

8. Because I've got no sources, and I can't mosey on down to the tobacco joint to pick up any, and the climate and people I live with are too much hassle for growing my own. Plus, I'm living in Virginia...

More specifically, because the US Government is stupid. Maybe they drink too much alcohol.

9. I don't know...eat some hawaiian baby woodrose seeds, maybe?

5-10 as opposed to about 500 morning glories.

10. How come tobacco and nicotine doesn't come off the top of your head? Those are psychoactives as well.

11. Yeah, but they're too obvious and universally known to be worth mentioning, i figured. :D

h.b.w. seeds > mornin-glory seeds. gotcha.

12. yea, but do some more reading about the HBWR on erowid.

You need to scrape off the coating to lower the nausia.

You should also read some trip reports and other stuff about whatever substance you choose to consume.

13. I dunno, theres tons of ads for legal alternatives on the web. Some swear by them, some say they suck. I have no idea.

14. 5 Gallon bucket of poppy seeds

EDIT: That was a joke if that wasn't clear, although it probabbly would get you high if you could manage to eat enough.