Legal advice regarding my job

Discussion in 'General' started by Pathogenik, Nov 11, 2011.

1. So me and a few people from work have some concerns and we're not sure what to do about it. First off when I started we were getting paychecks then a few months later they quit giving us checks and gave us a money network debit card. So now we have to pay money to even get our money out because most atms won't let you take money out for free with this card. And there aren't any Metabanks (the bank who owns money network) near us. My question is how is it even legal that they set up checking accounts for us without our permission?

Also we get payed every friday and of course we didn't get paid today because of the holiday. But the fucked up thing is we called the money network customer service and they explained to us that our job could have put the money in so we get our paychecks on time but they decided not to so we have to wait until monday to get our money now. How can they withhold money from their employees? I was counting on that check and now I'm fucked until monday.

2. its legal sad to say. its annoying too, a lot of companys are doing this now, they basically automate their payrole so they can have more time to play computer game at their desks or spend more time with the mistress:eek:

3. Can you opt to have them direct deposit your money? I have my paychecks direct deposited into my account every pay period. So I pick up my work stub, and the money has already been sitting in my account the day we get paid. I wouldn't mess with this debit card thing if you don't have to, but if you do then idk what to tell ya, never even heard of it. Do mind me asking where you work, or the line of business your in?

4. No we can't direct deposit it's bullshit. The only thing we can do is transfer our money to a different account but that takes 2 to 3 business days so fuck that I need my money the day I get paid. I live by an atm that is free to take money out of but not everyone has that luxury and we can only take out the money in amounts of $20. I work at Burger King so I guess I can't really expect much but it's just not right. All I know is I can't wait to move at the end of January and hopefully get a better job.