Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Leftovers from making Cannabutter

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by TheElcinator, Mar 17, 2012.

1. I'm an idiot and I just realized that smoking the leftover shake saturated in coconut oil is probably bad for you. (I'm a patient who needs cannabis 24/7 for narcolepsy so I just got a little desperate). Don't do what I did, even though I think most people wouldn't. I still got high but not worth lol

2. Some people take the cheese cloth full of weed and drop it in a pot of boiling water for a couple minutes.

Then let the water cool in the fridge till it solidifies:)

4. Very true! Oil can coat the little oxygen suckers in your lungs and not allow oxygen through. Back in the day, people died because they huffed Pam without filtering it by suffocating.
    Hope I don't sound like a busybody, but it concerned!email when I saw a few thinking about it. Lol.
    Psh! Parents! >Eye roll<

5. After I decarb the ganja I grind it fine between two spoons as I add it to the coconut oil. Use the same Pyrex measuring cup and stick it on a coffee pot warmer over night and it's ready to use by morning. Quick, dirty and effective. I don't use that in anything but baked edibles or in gel caps.

I did have some chocolate peanut cluster things that had the left over ganja from canna budder that had been strained. It was good for what it was really and it got a decent buzz going.

I had the same peanut cluster things another time and they used a bunch of ABV ganja. I got strait couch lock that time. I also felt like I was chewing on some lumber at times.

I don't think I could eat strained ganja left overs like you would spinach though. It would be to greasy oily no?

6. did you ever do it? how did this come out?

7. I am considering using the left overs again to make a weak batch which I will use to grease the bottom of the pan of future edibles such as rice krispie treats and fruity pebble edibles! Though the batch is weak I intend to give the fruity pebble edibles, which are already infused with the cannabutter, a lil kick!

8. Now I'm hungry.

9. Do you have a recipe ? New to this site found it looking for things to do with leftover cannabutter pulp a pain relief cream or oil sounds awesome but can't find a how to anywhere

10. cannabis poultice - Google Search

Apply pulp to painful area. Cover with 4 layers of cheese cloth or 4 inch square bandage. Tape in place.
    Done deal.
    May stain skin green.
    Next time make coconut oil rather then butter. Butter can go rancid over time. Coconut oil doesn't turn near as fast.

BNW

11. So does anybody have any suggestions for what I should do with about 12 oz of sludge... been in the Freezer just waiting for me to figure out something to do with it. I press my urb pretty well but with that much there's gotta be a lot of TH she's still sitting in there... Anyway I can actually reclaim all of that period I know it's a large amount.

12. You can make tea, hash oil, bubble hash

13. You can rinse it with hot near boiling water. Then put that hot water in your freezer. The thc oil will coagulate on the surface and can be gathered with a slotted spoon (as it cools and before the water is froze) and dried on a paper towel.

• Like Like x 2
  14. If you're not short on bud, I'd ditch that sludge. There is probably a little potency left, but is it worth it? If so, I'd use the rinse with hot water method detailed above.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Sounds like a good topical cream ingredient

• Agree Agree x 1