Leftover ISO in my QWISO? Heat purge Q.

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by XxNitr0xX, Jul 19, 2015.

1. Sorry if this is the wrong area, I haven't been on here in years (Plan to be active again) and I'm just looking for a quick answer on this one.

Anyways, I made a tiny batch (only came out to .7) everything smelled normal (even tasted normal, 'bit' harsh) but when I take a lighter to it, it crackles pretty bad, and stays ignited, easily. Now, would I be able to toss it in the oven at the lowest temp for a specific amount of time to purge the remaining, if that's what it is? I let it completely dry up of ISO in front of a fan, then air-dried it the rest of the way, for a total of around 26-27 hours. It's already in a scraped, hard resin form, so I don't think air drying is an option..

Key note here: my dumb ass spilled the coffee filter and a lot of the "sand" looking material sunk to the bottom. No green, all light brown kief-ish looking material. Just wanted to add that, in case that would cause it.. Most would probably say just toss it, but I wouldn't mind at least trying, for future reference.. thanks, GC!

2. I was surprised, because this is actually the first time I used 99% ISO, instead of 91%, which is all that's available via retail, around me.

3. Maybe redissolve into iso, refilter through 4-5 filters and this time let it sit 48-72 hrs instead? I let mine sit in the pan for up to a week sometimes.

And look into rosin in the future. You would have a much better yield and nothing like this to worry about.

4. I would think the sandy material would be causing it to crackle and burn, but this is just a guess. Also definitely look into rosin. The only time I make qwiso now is when I clean my grinder or jars. Rosin is easier, quicker and tastier.