Left the jar open

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by jj420aded, Apr 29, 2015.

1. So I'm curing my harvest an the humidity in the jars were around 70% I went to burp the jars an I was positive I closed them back up. WRONG I go back 4 hrs later to burp them aging an they were still open. I have them Jared up for a day now an the humidity in the jars is about 60% if not 1-2% more. Will it still cure or is it to dry.

2. You'll be ok. It sounds like you are fairly early in the process since the humidity is so high so quickly. 

I am a newb at this, so hopefully a more experienced Blade will weigh in. IMHO just return to your schedule and monitor.
    :smoke:

3. I think you should be ok, if you're really worried tho and think it's too dry, I read in a thread around here in the city that if you put a damp paper towel in place of the mason jar lid center, close it and leave it a while it'll add moisture back into the bud... haven't tried it myself tho

4. ^^ I've heard great things about these humidity packs. They can both increase and decrease the humidity to get it to 62%. Pretty kewl

5. they work great...my buds were bone ass dry and they revived them to good smoke