Left plant for 4 days in darkness leafs fucked please help.

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by iarkey, Apr 10, 2010.

1. #1 iarkey, Apr 10, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2010
    [​IMG]
    any Ideas?

2. uhmmm bump. anyone?

3. It could use alot of sun. And time. Maybe some fertilizer if it can handle it. Keep it well watered for a while, don't be surprised if the curled leaves continue to slowly die and the drop off. The other, non/not so affected leaves will probably recooperate with some degree of success.. Good luck.

Edit- Oh, and it probably stretched a hole lot, couldn't hurt to throw it into flower a bit early if you have the ablility.

4. Good advice.

5. .....why dont you try some sun???

6. if it was todo with light the leaves would be yellow.

7. #7 lessismore, Apr 11, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2010
    Good advice, you are kidding right? Based on what? Your plant is suffering from 2 things; lack of light and water. It is obvious by the green stems and leaves it is not suffering from any nute defs. If it was, there would reddish hues to the stems and leaves, and/or yellowing in the leaves.

Trim off all the severely damaged leaves. Water it as usual using slightly higher PH(6.8-7.0) and no nutes for the first couple times you water. I would not give the plant any nutes until you notice it recovering and there is some new growth. Do not over water, water as usual b/c the plant has been stressed and over watering and nutes will just add to the stress. Going up to 6.8 or so on the PH of your water will help the plant absorb vital micronutrients and trace minerals which will be important for it's recovery.

For light, I would go 18/6 until you notice an improvement, then if you prefer you can go to 20/4 or 24/0. Leaves do not turn yellow from lack of light, they actually begin to get darker to try to attract more light. All this plant needs is some TLC, water, light, and removing the bad leaves will get her right back to normal. You may have lost a little time, but she can still recover and be very productive with the right care and a little effort.

8. Somebody didn't get there sleep last night:rolleyes: Well, the wizard has spoken. Get to it OP.

9. what was that...
    less have given rock solid advise and I agree it should be followed..
    i would recommend if you have nothing productive to say dont say anything;):D

10. ? He's an established grower. I told the Op to listen to him. Sorry you thought it was sarcasm :confused_2: I learned a few things I didn't know.

Sorry?

11. Now Now, lets not argue. And I was speaking more towards some of the other posts, not so much TDG's.

Budslinger, it is just his nature, he means no harm, trust me. In his own way it was sort of a compliment. LOL....thanks for having my back though, appreciate it.

12. ah i see...
    i see many great gardeners here that dont give advise...

i never really understood it until lately//now I do...

Its quite disheartning when ur trying to help someone only to be poked at by others..
    :D..its all good brother....;)

13. :D....sry.... i may be a lil gun shy right now....
    its been budslinger week and the trolls have been after me...:eek:
    You know i always have ur back...
    i see you know him... thats good:D:smoking:

14. It is not so much knowing him, in fact, he is fairly new to the grow section. It is just knowing his ways and how he posts. We often take things the wrong way b/c as we all know the internet has no emotion, so we read things wrong.

I know what you mean by the trolls, they out to get me more often than not. I seldom come into some of these sections just b/c of that. In some cases, like this one, I feel a need to try to save this plant b/c IMO it is not that badly damaged and can be saved.