Left lose their mind celebrating Abortion

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Bulldog11, Jul 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. So far, the best pro choice argument has provided very little substance. It appears the biggest argument for abortion in this thread, is that 2% of abortions are due to medical reasons, or rape......... I will never understand this logic, as a society we don't make laws that pertain to only 2% of the population. We make laws that effect the majority of the population, then we make exceptions for the minority.

So in the case of abortion, I think it's important to have a conversation about making exceptions for the woman who has medical trouble, or has been raped. I think the overall abortion law however, should be written with the majority in mind. Unfortunately, the majority of abortions are held by perfectly healthy women in their twenties.

So to give you a better idea by the numbers:

Woman who have abortions for medical reasons: 1.2 million

Woman who have abortions by choice: 58.8 million

If this is the only argument for abortion in this thread, it holds very little water. As a vast majority of abortions have nothing to do with medical reasons, and could have been prevented by not having sex, or using birth control. No need to kill 58.8 million babies for no good reason, IMO.

Am I wrong here? Was there another argument given? If not, weak sauce.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Why does there need to be an argument for or against abortion? If you don't want one, don't have one. Why do people have to try to impose their beliefs on others and try and control what women do with their own bodies? Mind your own business is my motto.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Mick, Its about the money from tax payers. If people paid there own bills there would be no argument ,in my opinion.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Just something on the daily feed:

Lila Rose explains what changes minds on abortion: Tell people the truth
    Lila Rose explains what changes minds on abortion: Tell people the truth

“It’s a lie to men that they can’t speak … When it comes to abortion, men — their voices are crucial … no one has the choice to murder a child,” Rose said. “This is God’s gift of life, which we’re all called to defend.”

• Like Like x 1
  5. I have Micky on mute.......

Would you say people that don't pay their taxes should die? Or people that pay taxes should be able to kill people for not paying taxes? I don't understand how not paying taxes plays a role in killing children? What did I miss?

6. I do think that the vast majority of those getting abortions - even if they do not have to - are making the right choice. The most important bit though is that what I think - what you think - has no bearing.

You cannot make this law based on the majority... majority of? People? Women? Citizens?

It would be great if people would stop unplanned pregnancies, or if every child could be matched with loving parents, unfortunately, that is not the case. So the argument becomes THEN more a comparison of potential suffering versus the alternative.

While there are great examples of how fostering and adoption can work out great I definitely would argue that isn't the norm or even the average.

60 million babies? You do see the fallacy in the scenario where they are all divided and shuttled off to loving homes all over the world right?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. And I count my blessings daily. :D

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. I hope more people are aborted than the day before. When the Supreme Court legalized abortions, Crime dropped a lot and has every since. hmmmm

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. 60 million abortions in the US since 1973. That would not only be 60 million more mouths to feed today, but 60 million more people requiring jobs as well.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. This is a fine opinion piece but I cannot agree with her sentiments when the first quote from her in the article is essentially, God makes life and life is sacred.

Yes the images of abortions are shocking. Seeing them as a child would indeed be scarring.

There is not anything of substance other than her stating it takes two to make a baby is there?

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. #92 Bulldog11, Jul 13, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2018
    Pure evil for everybody to see. This is how the pro abortion crowd works.....

Imagine if I said...... Blacks create all the crime, good thing most abortions target blacks. How horrible would that sound? Pure evil.

[​IMG]

12. Once again, read the article and not what I highlighted. It goes into many details.

13. Commentary: How to win the abortion debate

Commentary: How to win the abortion debate

[​IMG]

Winning the debate
    For decades, the abortion debate has focused on “women’s rights,” but, in most circumstances, abortion has absolutely nothing to do with the rights of women. Rather, abortion is about whether an unborn child is a human being, as opposed to a meaningless, sub-human ball of cells.

" data-dfp-script-exe="div-gpt-ad-In-Content_300x250_102" style="box-sizing: border-box;">
    “When does life begin?” and “What is life?” are almost never asked in conversations about abortion today, because, frankly, staunch abortion proponents have no interest in allowing the discussion to move in that direction. It’s much easier to scream and shout about “sexism,” “racism,” and “reproductive health.”

For those of us who believe most forms of abortion should be prevented, the best course of action in any debate about abortion is to focus on discussing when life begins. Just about everyone agrees that if an unborn baby is a human, then that human has a right to life. The question is, when does a human become a human?

14. So if then the other part of my argument is that "finding homes" for these children puts them at risk for a whole other slew of problems I may as well state a little of why I believe this. I know it's anecdotal but my mother was sexually abused in the orphanage her mother was in charge of for a decade. She never let anyone know what happened because it was an attack released onto her because of the other orphans disliking the headmistress's tough ruling. Sure they were children and didn't really understand their actions, that is a possibility.

Let's compare for a moment the not so distant past where Chinese parents would drown their children, even if they were healthy because they were not allowed to have more than one child and they just wanted boys. Or the thousands more female baby orphans all throughout Asia because of a similar want for "men" offspring?

They are better off marginalized and thrust into the world with the "hope" someone will become their parents? Sometimes sets and sets of families? I don't see that as a solution.

• Like Like x 1
  15. If you are just going to think no one is reading the articles because I don't agree with it's content and even state why I feel bad for investing as much time in this thread than I am...

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Actually you can. For example, if 1.8 million people killed people out of self defense, yet 58.8 million people kill for fun, you would make the law saying killing is illegal, unless for self defense. Get it? The exception comes with the defensible reason, not the rule.

17. I have no idea why you are trying to justify killing unborn babies, because life isn't perfect. What a terrible reason to kill babies. By that logic, nobody should ever be born, and the human race should just give up. No thanks.

18. Feel free to leave.

19. My point was the "majority" of people in the United States is a far cry from "women" (baby carriers) in the United States of... of voting age? See where I am going?

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.