Left lose their mind celebrating Abortion

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Bulldog11, Jul 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. You're personal attacks are getting boring.
    Just because I don't watch them in my current environment doesn't mean that I have never seen them.
    You are derailing your own thread.

Posting a weird comedian doing her act is hardly proof of the deranged left as a whole.

2. #22 Bulldog11, Jul 12, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2018
    LOL, once again it's not a video about a comedian doing her act.....It has less then 20 seconds with her. WATCH THE VIDEOS BEFORE YOU COMMENT AND STOP DERAILING THREADS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. Stop! Stop the bickering. Stay on topic and stop the bickering. Everyone!
    It got off to a decent, respectful start in regard to members conversing...get back to that.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. #24 Bulldog11, Jul 12, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2018
    [​IMG]

5. #25 mook2420, Jul 12, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2018
    Just as you have had personal trials that have led you to have your viewpoints there are others who also have had to make the impossible choice between their life or their own child.

There certainly are a handful of reasons which could apply to all (female) humans why abortions should be available as an option. The personal viewpoints of some shouldn't eraticate the practice because there are certainly cases where it IS what is best for the preservation of life.

To wittle it down to a black and white murder or no murder equasion would be ignoring decades of medical advancements and studies, all to make the chances for babies better. For mothers to be able to successfully care for their babies.

From a purely hypothetical standpoint of my mind, do some people who argue for abortions to be illegal also not condone spending 50 bucks to find out if their child could have a potentially life threatening condition? To take the example even further if there was a terrible life threatening complication the same parents would let it ride on faith? I mean I don't trust medical professionals much at all but even I could see myself making the harder and more perceptibly cruel decision if it were me and my wife and her health on the line.

That seems to be where the disconnect often happens with the advocates at least in my opinion.

If the doctors said your baby has a less than a 1% chance of survival and was going to have to have their brain surgically put back into their head as soon as they were born and he will be immobile for life AND it would ruin the mother's chances of ever having another child if they carried the baby to term OR kill them... How can you argue against that?

I'm going to read the thread now, as this I copied from my post in another thread but was directed to the same topic and video. Hopefully this is relevant to the current discussion?

...and if it helps for clarity I am not a Republican or Democrat, I am a Meat Popsicle.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Thank you for bringing this conversation over to this thread. For those reading this, this was posted in another thread and I asked @mook2420 to share in this thread.

I would like to address one thing at a time if I may.... Where shall I start? Pleas highlight one subject for me to respond to at a time. I would much appreciate it. Thank you.

7. Maybe I should just respond to this bit first.

I agree, 100%

• Like Like x 1
  8. I respect your motivation Bulldog, a man has to believe in something to be a man. If you turn one blades mind here it's a victory, always remember that.

I hear you with the not being able to post pics but we all face this issue, there's many a pic of a dead Palestinian child I'd only love to post here but the rules are the rules.

The boss is fair. You've the makings of s good thread here lad, keep it between the rails and out of the dreaded box.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Agree 100%. That goes both ways however. Like I have stated in the past, until medical science many religious text for thousands of years, and societies that follow those religious, have always equated human life to "the quickening." This happens when the woman feels the baby move in the belly, around 20 weeks. However medical science has shown us that the heart beats at 21 - 35 days. So it comes down to when is a baby not a lump of cells, and the definition given by many dictionaries is 8 weeks. First 8 weeks from conception is considered an embryo, anything past that is a fetus. A fetus is defined as an unborn human baby. This is important to future conversations about when is appropriate to abort and not abort, and the keystone to many arguments.

Also, murder is a legal term and I try not to use it. So some will give you crap for using that word. The argument here is the US law says it's allowed before a certain point of the pregnancy, so it's not murder. However, that would be akin to saying blacks were not really a whole person, back when the constitution said they were only 3/5ths of a human being........ principles are principles. No matter what the law says I find that argument to be disingenuous. (not you, but others)

• Like Like x 1
  10. Why do you people keep on engaging him?
    imageskk.jpg

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Life threatening cases, totally agree.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Celebrating abortions for (bad) comedic effect aside, it could be seen as adovating for the woman's right to choose.

With heavy handed legislation that is out of tune with modern science, it makes it hard to eductate and inform those who need it most. The perpetual problem is it is often painted as follows:

Murdering babies as birth control

or

Medical necessity

or

Tramatic Unwanted pregnancy

All these things could be better understood and it maybe would be less of a partisan hate debate if those who enevitably have to make the actual choice could be as informed as possible. That is hard to do when funding is not there, services are not there, but the stigma IS there.

• Like Like x 1
  13. I wouldn't. I would argue that rape and medical reasons account for about 1.5% of all abortions. I believe laws should be made for the majority of cases, and exceptions should be given for the minority cases that are legitimate, such as the cases you stated above. So, yes, I would agree it would be very hard to argue against that.

14. @mook2420 Can I ask you a question?

You bring up medical reasons, but do you agree that less than 2% of abortions are due to these reasons? If not, what is your thoughts on those numbers?

• Like Like x 1
  15. I think part of my whole stance completely glosses over the aspect determining when they are measurable "life". Once I have accepted that yes, some cases will be technically ending the potential life in the hopes of saving the mother, the argument for me goes out the window.

I am not going to say it isn't death of life that to me would be ignorant but that also doesn't mean I condone killing all willy nilly. Complex it is, woman I am not so I listen intently and try to be supportive of what I would want for my family and those I care about if the worst case was to happen.

16. Oh so just let them suffer in a shity world with no help? See you talk a big game whenever it comes to them being in the womb but, when they come out you don't give a fuck about them. I'm sorry but, I disagree with your whole preconceived notion that every baby out of the womb is going to come out perfectly healthy and happy. Plus this world is already overpopulated so we already have enough mouths to feed. In my opinion people should just stop having fucking kids. Use birth control so we don't have do it the brutal way.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1

17. Can you please answer this question before I respond?

18. @Bulldog11
    At what point does the fetus become a person bulldog. When it’s just two cells is it a person? Would you be opposed to abortion even before the 4-6 month period when many experts agree fetuses start to develop central nervous systems? Do you think that we should be allowed to get abortions before the point in time in which the fetus can feel pain? What about the airutiaton is ethically wrong specifically? Do you dislike the idea that we will be depriving the potential of life for these children? If so how is this much different than able bodied individuals choosing not to have kids? If you could answer all of my questions it would be appreciated cause I want to know where you’re coming from

19. From my understanding, albeit it’s been a while since I took health classes, the fetus doesn’t develop a central nervous system and full organ systems until around 4-6 months. Most children wouldn’t survive being born if they were born before the 6 month period.

20. I couldn't disagree more. I find it offensive that you believe anybody on the other side of the argument for some reason doesn't care once the life is born. I find it more offensive you point me out personally as one of these people. If you want to know about how I give back to society, and how I care about people in my heart, please ask.

Can you please quote me where I said that? I would never say something like that, so why would you think that about me? I am very aware that babies are not born with zero defects.

I wonder if you would have agreed with your mother making that decision, instead of having you? Global warming is for another thread, and off topic IMO.

This might be a valid solution. Thanks for sharing that.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.