left light on today 3 hrs longer than 12 hrs [ whoops ]

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by CrystalYODA, Nov 1, 2012.

1. #1 CrystalYODA, Nov 1, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2012
    Plants flowering. Ready to pull in 3-7 days. (varies / strands )

Left the light on today for 3 hrs longer, on accident.

I.E. instead of getting its usual 12. It got 15.

Should I be worried.

It couldn't have been put back in veg, right?

Do I wake it up at its usual time. Or 12 hours after receiving dark?

Thanks for any insight. :bongin:

2. #2 CrystalYODA, Nov 1, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2012
    Yeah really Killer Forum guys. (sarcasm)

Seriously though. What I did was dumb.

So is the question.

But this many views and no answers / feedback is even worse.

If a fellow grower can't come in and get an answer whats the point.

Whats the good word.

3. You should just keep things flowing, keep the normal schedule.

4. Once isnt gonna hurt, i have had this happen quite a bit an never had any troubles with the end product. you gotta continue to stress them and screw up there light schedule. you are like me , i need a damn timer. lol
    I tell ya this if you switch your lights to 13 on and 11 off it will take a little longer for them to finish but the colas will be bigger. I know this works i have done this when i was using cfls. got almost 7 ounces outta one blue cheese versus 5 on the 12 12 way with cfl. i am using a 600 hps now, love it!

5. they wont be hurt..
    just get them back on track...

6. No worries, just don't let it happen again. Get a timer, there's no need to be in a situation where you "leave" the lights on or off, a timer does it automatically for you.

And no need to chastise the community because you didn't get a response for a few hours in the middle of the night... :cool:

7. Your impatience is understandable, you're a beginner, but if you want good answers sometimes it takes more than a few hours - especially since a good portion of our membership is busy cleaning up after dealing with Sandy! Lots of folks are trying to put their lives back together, or trying to find word on relatives/friends at the moment- like me. My friend Deb hasn't answered my email yet- I am hoping it is just that her power is out.

Hon, GC is one of the best forums around, but we are human and we have priorities. You just asked at the wrong time- late night, during a disaster!

And your plants will be just fine. Go back to your normal lighting period.

Granny

8. Thanks for the responses. Very much obliged. They were much appreciated.

To those in Sandy all the best. I just moved from NYC so I get it.

Sorry for any impatience. And sarcasm involved. I busted my timer off the wall, didn't notice it stopped functioning when I put it back in, and was looking to find out what to do quick.

When I saw people were answering left and right on other posts. I poked the community and re-posted asking for some quicker help with some light hearted attitude.

Again thanks to those who helped. Including Granny.

Granny I don't know who you are. I respect your place in this forum and you as a human.

But to say this "Your impatience is understandable, you're a beginner" - thats obtuse.

You don't no anything about me or my grow XP.

And despite your time on forums, it seems you find it cool to talk down to someone you don't know. I know you felt insulted with my sarcasm towards the forum. But that was sarcasm. You just straight, got puffed up and made an derogatory assumption. I appreciate you being defensive and even leveling out. But you might want to keep adjectives of people, out of what you type on that keyboard in front of you. Regardless, All the best to you and thanks. Hope you here from your friend soon and all is as good as it can be.

9. dude... you posted at 10 pm (1 am east coast), and 3 hrs later got upset nobody had responded? lol

I hope you're more patient with your plants.

10. I dislike you, your falsehood of mannerisms, and your approach to strangers as a victim. Remember, your stupidity is to blame, our answers are neither required or rewarded. Any answer you receive is from kindness, so slow your role turbo, you can be a jackass in real life but it will get you nothing here.

11. Some sensitive ass people around here. You would think weed would mellow some of you out. He's actually right about getting help...there's not a whole Lot of it . That is...unless there are pictures involved. Everybody loves pictures

12. Lol everyone calm down he was scared his hard work was going to be for nothing but yeah bro ten pm then again at one am come on and talking smack to a person named granny lol why really why?

13. ^^^^ I agree with that...1am thing but there's plenty of people who post legit questions ( stuff that isn't easily found on google) during the day...and days go by with no help. So them using that as an excuse overall( rather than in this certain situation) is ...dumb.

Like I said, too many sensitive people on here

14. [quote name='"Storm Crow"']Your impatience is understandable, you're a beginner, but if you want good answers sometimes it takes more than a few hours - especially since a good portion of our membership is busy cleaning up after dealing with Sandy! Lots of folks are trying to put their lives back together, or trying to find word on relatives/friends at the moment- like me. My friend Deb hasn't answered my email yet- I am hoping it is just that her power is out.

Hon, GC is one of the best forums around, but we are human and we have priorities. You just asked at the wrong time- late night, during a disaster!

And your plants will be just fine. Go back to your normal lighting period.

Granny[/quote]

WORD! Hope eberything works out!

15. If you take someone calling you a beginner as an insult you take things way too personal. If you can't take it in, don't dish it out. Some of these people spend a large part of their personal time to keep this forum running smoothly so you have the ability to ask questions that you don't know, for you to come and ask for advice while you flame the forum for not responding to your question promptly enough shows your true colors.

16. you need to get a grip man...you are a newbie,..
    only a newbie wiould ask such a question, then you get iratated because you dont get your answer fast enough..:rolleyes:...

granny is a staple here in the city..:D
    You just got here, so relax and learn something....

17. The rule of flowering is 15 or less hours of light, but 12/12 seems to be the sweet spot. A few extra hours will not kill them, at worst stress them for a day or so. Keep your 12/12 schedule and they will be fine! Good Luck!

18. i already did the same shit, 72 hours wih no dark time in 4 week floration and everything just got fine...

19. we actually know everything about ur gro n your XP when your asking
    such a stupid most obvious question ever,

go read some books