LEDs?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by frank_isn, Jan 17, 2009.

1. I read that using blue LED's in addition to the regular light helps, i was thinking i have a HUGE 500 blue led xmas light i used on my house last year... would that have a place in the grow room next to the regular lights ?

2. Sorry but it probably not worth the effort. If your going to run LEDs high powered ones like luxeon stars are the way to go. Search for VTECH's led lights with pics thread for good info on growing with leds. The boards at cannabis.com also have lots of good LED info under the indoor lighting forum, but they have been down for days. good luck

3. Unfortuantly the cost of high power LED lights is still expensive...

4. LED's make great side lights but aren't ready for prime time as sole lighting sources yet. I use red/blue 50 watt panels to supplement my HID's and my yields increased quite a bit when I started using them.

5. frank, post a pic of the LED, turned on if you can. That would help

I use 3 42watt LED lights (mixed blue and red) to maintain a plant OUTSIDE the grow, and it works magnificently. No heat, no need for vent, and the plants have never looked upset from it.

that said, I have to use 126w for one plant, because the light doesnt spread much (at all, think flashlight). Its great if you want to pollenate ONE plant seperate from your seedless ladies, or for supporting a mother to clone from.