LED's w/UV & IR ,Any Recomendations?

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Budmiser, Sep 6, 2017.

1. Considering making the investment in one of those,all-in-one expensive units...
    Who has a favorite , "Most-Bang-For-The-Buck" model to recommend ?
    And :
    Is the UV & IR worth the extra cost ?

2. Amazon vitaspectra as discount 900 watt equivalent with flower and or veg mode 12 band full spectrum excellent and apparently 480 to 240 Euro reduction should be available in USA or google.de COB make sure price is not too high it's a rip off leds are cheap and have mostly the same manufacturer. Check out the double chipped 5 watt so two leds close like one and have 10 watts 1000 watt equivalent ( to EG HPS) cost just 300 dollars or so and I like that they don't need transformers check for daisy chain sockets and good reviews at the end though it's trial and error best get 2 lower power ones and use both together like mh and HPS combo will ensure u get the full spectrum as leds can be from x to y nm but miss some spectrum like blue then violet but between there is a gap but UV is good brings out trichomes but it's easy to overdo as the light looks less bright to US not plants though. I like viparspectra tested and passed.

3. Avoid the high end stuff it's not always better. See who made the actual leds eye bridgelux are good and used in what I recommended but they usually say from 380 to 810 nm or 420 to 780 or so. So they will generally all have UV and ir anyway ir is heat so they get hot so too much ir is not needed UV yes. I Preffer the ones with a more blue hue.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Chilledgrowlights.com they have commercial and diy. I have these in my flower tent

Sent from my LGUS991 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  5. I seen one 4 panels going 360° That where Growmau5 is working with now. Any pictures of your light? Shhh

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

6. Great light 3 90w modules in a 2x4[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  7. Nice Light! I was just reading the specs on the 600 you don't even have to plug them into the wall! What do you do everything from your phone? Them lights are amazing man! I'm subbed in to see what these lights could do. Big heat sinks, what's in the middle where you control it?
    Happy Growing!

• Like Like x 2
  8. I want to do the same thing on my QBs they would get better resin and Tricome production no doubt! on solacare UVA and -B lights. Flower Power that's what their called. There like T5's I'm sure you probably know! I can run to won the end of my frame and one going down the middle between my boards, there's like a 6 inch space I could fit it in between, I hope.

9. That could be my next project,maybe ...we'll see.

• Like Like x 1
  10. I don't think they will cost that much. You could just buy UV and IR chips and run a real small driver. I think CLW they use Orsam it won't cost that much money you only need about 4 to 6 of them depending on what light you have. My panel light had I think 6 or 8 and I was getting much better resin production and Tricomes. I've been running these lights pretty long. It wouldn't be that expensive for HLG to add them they probably only have a little bit if any. They will be adding them soon I'm sure. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] that's more resin production and that's a Chinese light. which didn't even that much Tricomes then from a better light or a different strain that gets more frosted up.

11. Definitely interested...Much rather have some in LED boards,than glass tubes..

• Like Like x 2
  12. #13 Bravedave, Sep 16, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2017
    As tubes are just alright with me...;)
    My plan, while outside of the LED realm, is a 4ft T5, 54W, 1 light fixture (mine cost $28).

In it I will place one Agromax Pure UV light. ($28)

I understand these are intense and are run from 36" for an hour a day(in 15 minute increments).

• Like Like x 2
  13. I use Far Red and Deep Red for wakeup and sleepy time. I have a controller I developed just for cannabis growing called the GrowGreen 6/8/12 channel controller. It runs my 3w leds with a 4up card. The on/off is handled thru smart outlets controlled by the controller

• Like Like x 1
  14. I'm not too familiar with ChiLLed lights, but I would like someone do a harvest with them! From what I read about the 600 watt and your light you have plenty to flower. What diodes are they using Samsung? I thought I seen three different kinds of diode's but that might've been something else.

Your tent is Nice and new I'm sure your going to Great with that set up! Are you growing in soil or are you doing Hydro? Can't wait to see the performance they put out.

15. My Buddy on on here Built a panel QB board he added deep reds and far reds, plus he added the same in blues running from a controller plus an on and off switch and he added IR but not UVB. I think if you added 4 Ufos in each corner you would notice a difference, but that's not the right way to do it you just need the UV bulbs they can't be hard to get every light company makes them! or them kind LED bars. I just don't think it would even be that expensive if you added on the bulbs like they do and all lights have UV like Kind, CLW advanced platinum etc. i'm going to call Growerslight.com or ledgrowlightdepot.com on Monday actually I could call them today and see if they have anything with a Lot of UV. I know Solacare has them I just forget how much they are.

16. I grow aero and my veggie garden is soil. That chilled lights grows great budz. I just harvested a blue moon rocks nice tight nuqz. Hanging for the dry.

• Like Like x 1
  17. That sounds something I'm looking for. So there Agromax and it's a Pure UV light $28 isn't bad how many do you need per square foot? I have a 4x4 my light is 24x24 of run them down the polls if you could. would you have a link or just go on Agromax.com?
    Thanks

I someone said Solacare flower power lights but there are little more expensive.

18. What's size tent is that 4x4? It looks like the lights need to be set high. There impressive!
    Happy Growing!

19. #20 Bravedave, Sep 17, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2017
    There is probably a direct company link somewhere but this one gives some nice info:
    AgroMax Pure UV T5 Bulb - 4 Foot
    I think 1 at 36" might do it for you but I think 2 would leave no doubt.

Edit: These are strong and will be detrimental if run more than recommended. I have also read where a hardening may be beneficial ...as in start with less than 15 min./4x a day. Like a week at 5 min/4x a day ...then 10 etc.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1