LED's do they really work well?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Tbitty Legend, Aug 24, 2012.

1. Can somebody reccomend a system to growing 4 plants? Looking to max yield with soil. Can't have more heat. Help! Also good seed for huge yield help. Thanks everyone

2. well whats ur budget.......

3. id say dont get an led. and get a 400 or 600w hps. and if u can have an aircooled hood that whould be good

4. You have to spend huge with LED to get good results, you could buy multiple HPS lights for the same price and proabaly get bigger and better results :smoke:

5. Budget is 900. And I can't generate more heat in the space and was hoping that Led's would work. Of course I would like to use hps but can't. Anyone have experience with them?

6. This would be set up in an attic space

7. ya go with hps if you want to have crazy amounts of heat and have to buy like 10 other things to go with your lights to even make it capable of growing....but yet everyone thinks led is bad because the light costs a little more....when actually LED's are alot cheaper ....we dont need to wire anything in,we dont have to purchase extra reflectors,no inline fans, and no ducts..........and we get better grows with less watts.....with less heat

go check these guys out California Lightworks SolarStorm Grower Feedback Program its a 1200$ 400w led that you can get for 1/2 price

also check these out 3w LED Grow Lights - High Powered LED Grow Lights - Best of 2012

both companies offer 90 day trials and Also offer 3 year warranties

8. i mean if you dig running inline fans, and then you need a A/C then youll need a humidifier ....+ if you get an hps like a 400w its actually pullin like 434w + all the other stuff you have to run....when LED's use less power than what they state, and are far more superior watt for watt compared to other lighting

9. :laughing:

That is all

10. Why are you laughing? I don't want to waste my money

11. I don't think they are a waste of money, I just don't think they yeild like HPS.

HPS can run hot but they are not that hard to cool and I could buy multiple 1000w lights and cooling for the cost of a nice LED unit.

I've run HPS in the loft and managed to keep temps right.

12. Go with induction lighting for sure. Cheaper than LED's (for the best ones), very little heat, lasts forever, and actually out perform HPS in the yield department by the smallest of margins, while using less watts.

13. And you don't even need cool tubes or any of that shit. I have kept my 1000w HPS less than 6 inches from the plant with a 20" fan dedicated for the space in between, and no heat stress. WAY Cheaper route to take.

14. Just started my second LED Grow - you can follow it if you want , link is in my sig :)

15. I love my LEDs. Space too small for hps. Great results so far. Look at blackstarled.com

16. #17 xDisciplex, Aug 25, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2012
    I would spend 1200 here before anywhere else.BD450

http://www.blackdogled.com/

Liftime warranty on Black dog LED's,and when they get old you can replace all inner parts for newer or even upgraded future parts that will retro fit for only cost of parts no labor is what they said when I emailed them.Which means I think they want you to ship it to them,and they replace everyhting.

I asked what happens after the light is 6 years old.Do I need to buy a new one or can I refurbish it?This was their answer.

Copy of the E-mail

Department: General

Subject: LED life

Thanks to our industry exclusive lifetime warranty we would refurbish it at that point with you only paying for parts, not labor. We would also likely offer you an upgrade path depending on how the technology has progressed at that time.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Cheers,
    Noah

Sincerely,
    Black Dog LED

http://www.blackdogled.com/

And of course if you have defective parts they will replace free.

GL

17. ive heard lots of great stuff about blackdog just never got to use one yet

18. blackstars are ok if you dont have much money but they are a hit or miss n ive heard alot of them mess up after the 2 year warranty........

19. Yea I did go cheap for my first one but I would definitely buy a good led now seeing what they can do. Even if the bigger better ones do produce more heat, it's tolerable with the tight crystals nugs you get.