Led

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Demzogk420, Aug 3, 2019.

1. I'm trying to get my ladies to flower I already have it on a 12/12 but should I have the light red or full spectrum when doing so.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. What light do you have?

3. Full spectrum is the answer though :) It still needs the other wavelengths of light to function properly. These cheap leds with a veg and bloom switch are just fooling you into thinking you have control of something important hehe, always keep both switches on (except maybe seedlings can get away with just the veg).

4. Agro led full spectrum 720 w

5. Nice, it has a 450w actual power, enough for 8 or 9 square feet. That what you have?

Flowering needs red light, but that's the bud growing spectrum, still need the rest to keep the plant healthy.

6. It has a really tight spectrum so you want to have everything on full for best results, even the red light cuts out quite suddenly and doesn't taper to the higher end red.
    [​IMG]

7. Makes sense thank you so much I'll leave on full spectrum lol

• Like Like x 1
  8. Here so you can see 20190803_092135.jpg 20190803_092130.jpg 20190803_092119.jpg

9. Be prepared to adjust the light with all that new extra power! All the best and enjoy the journey :)

10. It's a good light I'm guessing lol

11. Reminds me of my platinum led p900. I'm sure it grows some decent weed.

The other benefit of having all the leds on is more power. When you turn them off the power isn't redirected to the other lights. The total wattage of the light goes down. In flower typically you want to run as high of a light level as the plant can tolerate and as much as your light can put out. Blue and red mixed together would IMO be superior to just red for sure in flower. I'm surprised by the light having those operating instructions.

12. Well thata good to know. Got it for cheap other places were charging 600 I hot mine for like 160

13. Keep it on full spectrum changing the light cycle for how long I have it which is a 12/12 should push them to flower correct. And also me having a good light they should be okay in there

14. The plants will tell you if it's too much light. If you can't maintain temps in there with it all on you might have to increase your exhaust air flow or go back to just the flower mode. The plants always make the final decision. 12/12 is all you need for flower. The light doesn't matter. The important factor is 12 hours of pure darkness or very little light. Same as you would find at night outside.

15. Should I have it on medium or high what would you suggest

16. I would be on full blast since you're in flower. Monitor the temps and the plant's condition on the top of the canopy. Watch for light stress. 82 or so is about as high as you want it to get. If you can't keep it at that or below then go medium.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Turned the exhaust airflow on high to increase the chances of having it go into flower. Have the full spectrum on the 12/12 just have to get a thermometer and I think I'm set